Help Me With Guitars? Metalcore With a Pinch of Djent

ThriceFan

Mar 7, 2011
Any Advice on how I could Improve my Guitar Tone would be much appreciated!

EDIT: Updated Mix with drums, no bass yet.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's gonna be hard to give advice on a guitar tone with no relative comparison to the mix it was intended for. But off the tip of my dick I would say it sounds pretty scratchy. Not a whole lot of body involved. One thing about anything with "djent" involved (wish that word would go away), guitars typically don't stand too well on their own. This tone could be good with some thick heavily distorted bass underneath. Also, edits are very noticable from riff to riff. Being isolated probably brings it out more. Careful on your crossfades and how abruptly your fades are when you cut.

The low notes sound well... completely without lows. And a lot of it sounds very .. fizzy... Like it's recorded through a Super Nintendo :p But keep in mind, bass makes a huge difference. So do drums! You can't truly judge the worth of a guitar tone until you hear how it sits in a well done mix, though singling out such it as you did CAN expose flaws. You just can't get too hung up on it!
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mol6awk_aDo&feature=player_embedded[/ame] This tutorial really helped me to make nice sounding bass tracks. Don't have a bass? Get one! (or Trillian for the same price)