Help me with these vocals. (pics included)

Loren Littlejohn

Lover of all boobage.
Ok here is the song:

http://www.sneapforum.celtiaproduct...nst The Porcelien (gallow littlejohn mix).wav

I dig everything but the vocals. They just sound like ass to me any suggestions? They were done on a 58 cause it's the best I have to do these types of vocals at the moment.

Here are the plugs I used on the vox:

Tubedrive.png

Compressor.png

and as a send effect:
Reverb.png

Maybe the tube thing is not the way to go? I dunno if you got suggestions I wanna hear em. Even if it's eq whatever.

something about the vocals makes them sound too small compared to the music. especially with all of that low end that you have going on there. there not bad though and most likely would be an easy fix. sorry I don't know what that fix is because I can't mix worth a shit. cool song though.

Try a couple of things... 1 being ditch the tube plug...

next... try panning the main vocal track 5% to the left and then clone it to another track... pan the cloned track to 25% right and bring it up until the vocals start to sit right... might make them sound a little bigger... just make sure that the first vocal is louder than the clone...

I would also try hitting the compression a little harder... maybe that would bring it up more...

definitely try ditching the tube plug, though.

my two cents...

next... try panning the main vocal track 5% to the left and then clone it to another track... pan the cloned track to 25% right and bring it up until the vocals start to sit right... might make them sound a little bigger... just make sure that the first vocal is louder than the clone...

Do you suggest modifying the clone in some way? If they're the same, he'll only be slightly changing the volume and the pan of the original track. No-no.

Jeff

Do you suggest modifying the clone in some way? If they're the same, he'll only be slightly changing the volume and the pan of the original track. No-no.

Jeff

I usually compress the crap out of the clone and bring it up just underneath... similar to the techniques I read somewhere else to get an entire mix to sit better... (Dont over compress anything in the session and compress the shit out of the mix, bounce it down, bring it back into the session as audio and nuzzle it right under neath the main mix... so there is still some dynamic)

I also eq the clone to make it sound brighter...

at least I've started doing that... probably not the right/best way to do it, but it sounds alright to me.

out of everything in the mix, I like the vocals the best, honestly!

i love dudes who scream like that..

he just needs some EQ lovin. fiddle around, boost, cut, see what works for ya!