help needed from Kata fans living in Stockholm

einars

Walking by a wire
Aug 12, 2008
Ventspils, Latvia
Hi there, fellow Katatoniacs!

The day has come (well, technically it hasn't yet) when I'll be traveling to my very first K show ever on 19th of October in Stockholm. Since I haven't been there maybe someone knows: a) is it easy to get a shuttle from Stockholm-Skavsta airport to city centre and how much aprox. it costs b) an inexpensive youth hostel (or hotel / other accomodation, I'll consider all options) not far from Fryhuset / Arenan venue.

Thanks in advance! :worship:

I was in Stockholm last year for the Melloboat gig. Firstly it's really easy to get to the city from Skavsta airport. I think there's a shuttle bus every half hour or so. I think it cost around 20 euro for a return ticket but everything is in Swedish Kroner so i'm just going by memory and doing a rough calculation in my head. Secondly I don;t know of any hostels near the venue, obviously because i'm not from Stockholm. However, I did stay in City Backpackers Hostel. It's pretty much in the city and it was cheapish. I can't remember how much though but it was a nice hostel and everyone was very friendly there.

Anyway, I hope I have been of some help!

Shuttle from Skavsta is easy to get a hold but kind of expensive (by my standards). As Byron said, a bit over 20 euros per person. Make sure to buy two way shuttle tickets, otherwise it's much more expensive. Living in central Stockholm will probably be the most fun since you can get to Fryshuset easily by subway anyway. I don't know much about individual hostels though. From there just take the green line south to Gullmarsplan and from there you can usually follow all the metal people or just ask somebody :)

Yep, Couchsurfing / HospitalityClub is an option, too. Maybe someone from here would like to host me? :rolleyes:

Anyway, thanks to you all for helping.