help needed

DrillSergeant

Nov 14, 2003
Bavaria, Germany
Visit site
Guys, I need some help. I'm about to trade with someone who offered me these discs:
FREEDOM CALL Stairway to Fairyland
HAMMERFALL Legacy of Kings
HAMMERFALL Renegade
HOLY MOTHER Toxic Rain
SEVEN WITCHES Second War in Heaven
VICIOUS RUMORS Cyberchrist
I can only pick one and since I've never heard a single note by any of these bands I'm not sure which one to choose. I'm tempted to go for Vicious Rumors or Seven Witches but I'm not sure yet. Any recommendations?

Thanks Jonny! I think I'll go for SW then. I'm more curious about the witches cause one of them is playing in The Bronx Casket Co., too.

BTW here's another favor I'd like to ask you guys for. I got myself a copy of S.O.D.'s SEOD. The Platinum Edtion. The thing that bugs me is that there is a strange skip on track 24 at 4.09-4.11 on one speaker. I can't find any visible scratches or damage on the disc so it's gotta be either a manufacturing problem or some fucked up master tapes. Can anyone of you tell me more about this?

DrillSergeant said:
Guys, I need some help. I'm about to trade with someone who offered me these discs:
FREEDOM CALL Stairway to Fairyland
HAMMERFALL Legacy of Kings
HAMMERFALL Renegade
Alright careful here. After being a long time with Helloween, Hammerfall was the band that led me to Euro power metal. I like them a lot, but I believe you must like the sub-genre a bit at least because it tends to be quite repetitive with many bands. If you already have taste stuff like Helloween, Blind Guardian, Heavens Gate, I can say you most probably will like Hammerfall. Both albums are good, being "Legacy Of Kings" a bit more interesting for a beginner with the band.

As for Freedom Call is like Hammerfall on sweetener, I like them and have all their albums but I'll recommend them to someone who really likes sweet happy metal, although unlike Rhapsody, Skylark, Shadows Of Steel, Sonata Arctica and Stratovarius they don't relay that heavily on keyboards.

Greeno said:
Hahaha... list it on eBay like that.... will go for big bucks!!
I will if I can't find a better solution. If I do I'll tell you what I got for it. :lol:

Wyvern said:
As for Freedom Call is like Hammerfall on sweetener, I like them and have all their albums but I'll recommend them to someone who really likes sweet happy metal, although unlike Rhapsody, Skylark, Shadows Of Steel, Sonata Arctica and Stratovarius they don't relay that heavily on keyboards.
An online friend advised me not to pick up Hammerfall or Freedom Call because he thinks they're too happy and sweet for me. He knows my taste a bit and together with the recommendations from here I chose to go for the Witches. But I want to thank you anyway for bothering with me. Thanks Wyv. ;)

DrillSergeant said:
I chose to go for the Witches.

That's a good album but may not be the best Seven Witches release to start with. The newest album (Passage) is their best so far I think... not that any are bad mind you, it's just that the addition of James Rivera put them over the top.