Help with pre-production planning!

professorlamp

I are Joe
Nov 2, 2009
Wales, United Kingdom
Everything looks more urgent with an exclamation mark anyway...

The first ever band I will record are coming in here in 3-4 weeks What do i need do? Should I get the drummer in the day before so we can map out the click tracks and tempo maps? Should i do scratch tracks of all the songs (If i do this stuff do i charge them?)
Also I'll note some things down and if you could kindly point out any dumbass mistakes I've made (or missed out) then add them in
.Bring kit in day before to adjust to the room
.I want in tune guitars/skins/vocalists/dobros/flutes/saxophones/dogs and cats
.Only 1 person in the studio at a time (I have a small room) (they can go wander the forests and derelict buildings :D
.NO people with me at the time of mixing
.Money upfront or they dont get the recording (not sure about this one)
.And I myself will have all mics etccc set up (In a perfect world) before they arrive

I've never done this before but am extremely excited/scared about whats to come, and also I dont know about rates on here but im charging £20 a song and they have 5 memebers so £4 per person. Im not up to some of your guys standards but is this a reasonable rate?
What do you guys charge? If you don't mind me asking

Edit: I just got an email back about the gear they have and will be using, since im not a gear whore I think i'll pass it over to you guys to say yay or neigh to the gear (apart from ibanez rg series they are BLERGH)

okay Amps: marshall AVT 50, Fender Delux 90 transistor, OHM GA 125 head and scott 100W cab (for bass),
Drums: MAPEX M-birch 6 piece (14 inch snare, 10 inch tom, 12 inch tom, 16 inch tom, 18 inch floor tom, 20 inch ride, 16 inch crash, 14 inch hi-hat, 22 inch kick drum, mapex double bass pedal, mapex cymbal stands)
Guitars: Ibanez RG 450, Epiphone Black Beauty, Dean ML2a Bass
Effects: BOSS ME7 multi effects, Marshall Bluesbreaker and a Boss ME20b multi effects

Seems like a pretty fair price, I would have had it a touch lower, maybe £18, but thats just small bullshit :D I'm sure that it will all go well dude!