help !

Lazzari

Chakachakalabuchaka
Aug 18, 2008
In a Shitty Country (Venezuela)
I know this question may sound fool and will make me a n00b (Which in this case is 100% true) after hearing so many nice recordings im going to start to create my "home studio" (this will be only for me for tracking guitars and for recording ideas) So what should i buy first, i know the interface, im looking for one, it has to be USB so any advice ?

I have not tried them. But many seem to use Line6 TonePorts ... google something like that and see if you find any forum posts about it.

(they are USB)

no idea what your budget is but i think the toneport is a perfectly fine interface. The Edirol UA25 is nice too and has better pre-amps in my opinion but as soon as you have the money most folks will recommend buying a direct box to go from your guitar to your interface.

Don't forget about monitors - you'll have no idea how good any of your recording or mixing is if you can't hear it accurately. I'd be less inclined to skimp here - Yamaha HS50s or similar will always be useful, even if you add some 'big boy' speakers later on.

j