Helstar - King of Hell

Orfanos

Apr 19, 2005
Greece
king%20of%20hell_sml.jpg

I cannot believe that we didn't have a thread for this.

Helstar are back with a very solid album, although it is not spectacular as their early efforts. Don't miss the first edition which contains a very good cover of Angelwitch's "White Witch"!

I wasn't very impressed by the sample songs on their homepage. The biggest problem is the production which is muddy, down-tuned and generic; the exact opposite of old Helstar. But as it is Helstar after all, I did order the first edition CD (along some other stuff) from AFM but they don't seem to be in any hurry to process my order... I'll reserve my final judgment until I hear the whole thing in CD quality.

I don't know how the samples did sound, but the production of the CD is very strong, believe me.

If you like early Helstar, I am sure that you will like this one, too.

If you like early Helstar, I am sure that you will like this one, too.

I don´t agree exactly with you Orfanos. I consider "King of hell" missed songs to sing along and raise your fist.

I guess they´ve focused on riffing and a strong rythm section in order to create a powerful album, their heaviest stuff IMO.

Firstly, I didn´t like too much. After 4 o 5 rotations, the more I listen the more I like it but for it isn´t as good as classic 80´s records.

Burning Star is pretty good,its not thrashy or as shredding as Nosferatu but if you like traditional metal it would be a wise pick.Go to metal-archives.com and type in Helstar in the search engine.I've used there reviews countless times to help myself out.