Hendrix v. Peak?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Old Rocker

New Metal Member
Dec 13, 2004
London
I'm a big fan of old rock music like Hendrix, Clapton, Led Zep etc. Recently however i've discovered Intense. I was wondering who you think is the better guitarist, Dave Peak of Intense or Jimi Hendrix of the Jimi Hendrix Experience. What do you think, its certainly a close one.

Well, to stir up a hornet's nest of controversy, I actually think guitarist Palmer is the better guitarist. Dave rocks, but his use of Gibson guitars just isn't 'rock' enough. And anyone who needs 25 stomp boxes to sound half decent with their tone obviously can't cut the mustard. Nick can widdle with the best of them. And Hendrix wouldn't have passed the Intense audition. For a start, the whole Fender single coil pickup thing is just not metal.

Oh yes, that last post was also taking the mick! I have a sneaking suspicion that Dave won't agree that he's better than Hendrix, and given that Hendrix was dead at 27, I reckon that he'd have become a total monster a few years down the line. Interesting debate, nonetheless.

Interesting deabate as many of the guys/bands mentioned are Dave's influences or at least among them. This is how i see it, Dave goes for Feel and Nick goes for Technical so it just a matter of taste which you like best. Both Rock imo ..:headbang:

Well, *actually* I usually try to look for feel & emotion in a solo over just technical trickery - so what Sean is saying, is that I clearly don't achieve what I set out to do. Oh well, back to the rehearsal shed with me...

(And, whilst I'm at it - I think Dave goes for complete insanity on his solos quite a lot of the time too! But I know where Sean's coming from with his comment!)

:p

Status
Not open for further replies.