Heroic Former Megadeth Bassist Uses "Megadeth" Twice in Article!

F5, the new Phoenix-based band featuring former MEGADETH bassist David Ellefson, ex-SICK SPEED vocalist Dale Steele, drummer David Small, and guitarists Steve Conley and John Davis, have lined up the following dates during the coming weeks:

Mar. 18 - Flagstaff, AZ @ Mogollon Brewery
Mar. 30 - Scottsdale, AZ @ Venue of Scottsdale
Apr. 21 - Houston, TX @ Forgettaboutit
May 05 – Scottsdale, AZ @ Corporate Show
May 08 - El Paso, TX @ The Stampede

F5's debut album, "A Drug for All Seasons", was released in North America in September via Cleopatra Records. The original version of "A Drug For All Seasons" is also available in Asia on JVC Victor Entertainment and in Europe on Mascot Records.

F5, whose sound is being described as guitar-heavy melodic hard rock, recorded the album last year at a Phoenix-area studio with producer Ryan Greene, who had previously worked with Ellefson in 1991 on the demos for MEGADETH's "Countdown to Extinction" album.

:eek: HOLY SHIT! MEGADETH is used.... TWICE?! Dave Mustaine must sue Jr. now for he has breached contract!!! Damn it, Junior, WHY?! WHY is Megadeth used twice?!

:lol:

Just joking. Major Megadeth fan, and I'm just joking around.

I read an interview in one of my guitar mags with Dave E. and he spoke of said band. It would almost seem this F5 band is Megadeth a little faster and more hook oriented or that is the buzz. Either way, sound good.

Nick Menza's dad played the famous sax part in the theme song to the Pink Panther with Peter Sellers. Just a random Megadeth related fact. I'm sure some of you knew that already.

strik9 said:
Nick Menza's dad played the famous sax part in the theme song to the Pink Panther with Peter Sellers. Just a random Megadeth related fact. I'm sure some of you knew that already.

no, I didnt know that. That is kinda cool. Talk about some cool bragging rights on the playground! "Oh yeah? Well MY dad...."

ruud3166 said:
Is it true he got kicked out for kicking Hetfields dog?

Negative, he got kicked out cause he:
1. sucked
2. drank too much
3. sucked and drank too much
4. had too big of an ego for his talent
5. all the above
6. any of the above

LuvataciousSkull said:
:lol:

Eh, like I said, I made this thread as more of a joke. :)
I could tell it was a joke. I read your original post and that pointless fact about Nick Menza popped up in the ol' bean. Had to share it! ;) :lol:

did you know that in the booklet for So Far...So Good....So What? that guitarist Jeff Young looks strikingly like Jo from Facts of Life? Drummer Chuck Behler sort of resembles Natalie now that I think about it.