Hetfield On the Radio

sixxswine

rockandrollazine.blogspot
*I know some of you don't listen to the radio. So before you post some lame ass remark like "I don't listen to the radio," don't. And before you think that I haven't ever heard, Metallica sucks, I have!!! And refrain for posting this the Millionth time! With that said:
Did anyone catch the Hetfield interview on the Stern Show?
It was via phone, pretty insightful & it was different in the sense that Stern stayed on task & conducted a pretty good interview. There wasn't much of the goofy distractions, that occurs with most of his interviews. Howard did poke some fun at Lars, about him being a control freak & insecure...:tickled:

my brother I would love to have heard that but they pulled Howard off the air here in KY a few months back...sucks!!!! I used to listen to Howard every morning driving around and then they yanked him off the air outta nowhere. geeeeeeeez. my favorite part of his show was that he had so many great celebrity interviews!

tedvanfrehley said:
my brother I would love to have heard that but they pulled Howard off the air here in KY a few months back...sucks!!!! I used to listen to Howard every morning driving around and then they yanked him off the air outta nowhere. geeeeeeeez. my favorite part of his show was that he had so many great celebrity interviews!
Hey that's too bad, I hope to tape it when it gets on E!
I will keep that in mind, in the event that Howard gets
The Noses & Hagar in the studio. I will have a cassete hand.
Then I can burn it onto disc!!!!!
It was good interview with James.
There was only one hate call, a dude calling him a cry baby & a pussy...
I was looking into their movie, but there's only one theater around here playing it... That's fucked. I think I will do what Psycho is doin' waitin until the DVD. Plus that I'm sure will have plenty of extras!!!!!!
I'm not huge on Metallica these days, I think 12-14 years ago, I would have gone in a second. You goin'? If so make sure to let us know if it was any good....

they were a different band 12-14 years ago sixx.i would have walked over hot coals to get thier new album or see them live then.now i'm sure i wouldnt.it kills me-hetfield used to be more important than god in my eyes.
doesnt matter for me anyway,you can never hear sterns shows in the uk anyway.
as for th movie,i guess its a dvd for me.

I thought it was a well conducted interview except for the tinnitus part :err: .

Other than that, I found it somewhat informative, and why James decided to suck on guitar after he got out of rehab. :Spin:

pseudo said:
I thought it was a well conducted interview except for the tinnitus part :err: .

Other than that, I found it somewhat informative, and why James decided to suck on guitar after he got out of rehab. :Spin:
That is a fair summary of the interview...
Tinnitus is no laughing matter...
One thing that most people know, is that the "ringing" could be a part of mental illness... In some cases it drives people ove the edge & they do some pretty whacky stuff to themselves or others...
I haven't seen them live since '88, so I couldn't tell you if he sucks on guitar these days or not...

I don't think James sucks on guitar nowadays...I just don't think they are writing anything very challenging (as far as their latest goes)...but they are still a great live band, which is why I am going to see them in October - whether I like their new album (I don't) or not...maybe they'll get some fire in their bellies again, like the old days, and decide to fuck some shit up again and put out an album that really pushes the envelope sonically...

We can only hope...

go see them usmco341,and you'll be glad to know that they will play fuck all from st anger and load/reload.

i think the term might be "living on past glories"
dont get me wrong,like many other people i thought,and still do,that hetfield was a god.
the problem i have is that i cant understand why they dont write songs like they used to.
still,i'm not in metallica,so i cant change things i guess.

baldyboy said:
go see them usmco341,and you'll be glad to know that they will play fuck all from st anger and load/reload.

i think the term might be "living on past glories"
dont get me wrong,like many other people i thought,and still do,that hetfield was a god.
the problem i have is that i cant understand why they dont write songs like they used to.
still,i'm not in metallica,so i cant change things i guess.

the band has repeatedly said over & over again that they always try to move forward and not backward. there's no sense in going back to their old thrash days just to please the bastards who only want 'em to play fast & loud.

bottomline is: if you know Metallica, you would know they come up with "surprises" on every album. and if you don't know Metallica, well that's your problem. you can say "Metallica sux" all you want but remember these guys put METAL on the map.

some_kind_of_monster said:
"Metallica sux" all you want but remember these guys put METAL on the map.
I never Said they Sucked ... I always said they sold out ... which they did ... and Metallica is NOT responsable for putting Metal Music on the map they helped but it was not something they accomplished on thier own ... :D

JonnyD said:
I never Said they Sucked ... I always said they sold out ... which they did ... and Metallica is NOT responsable for putting Metal Music on the map they helped but it was not something they accomplished on thier own ... :D

i never said you said that they sucked. when i said "you", it's supposed to be rhetoric (or something to that effect).

but anyway. let's be clear on the term SOLD-OUT.

any band that releases a record sells out, ok? so that's about a hundred or a thousand bands w/c probably include the current ones you listen to.

Metallica, whether you accept it or not, made people appreciate metal. they opened doors for other people and countless other bands to get into metal music.

i never said you said that they sucked. when i said "you", it's supposed to be rhetoric (or something to that effect).

but anyway. let's be clear on the term SOLD-OUT.

any band that releases a record sells out, ok? so that's about a hundred or a thousand bands w/c probably include the current ones you listen to.

Metallica, whether you accept it or not, made people appreciate metal. they opened doors for other people and countless other bands to get into metal music.
hahahahahaha hahahahahahahha hahahahaha hahahahaha I never denied that they were popular .... and I guess when it comes to the term SOLD OUT its all up to interpretation (hahaha I cant spell) just because a Band releases a record it means they SOLD OUT thats just silly ... hahahahaha Anyways Just because I think they Crapped out and couldnt write a decent record to save thier lives doesnt mean I ACTUALLY hold it against them .... My Initial disapointment drove me to find other BETTER bands so I guess somehow in some sick scary way I am agreeing with you ... hahahahahaha :D

JonnyD said:
hahahahahaha hahahahahahahha hahahahaha hahahahaha I never denied that they were popular .... and I guess when it comes to the term SOLD OUT its all up to interpretation (hahaha I cant spell) just because a Band releases a record it means they SOLD OUT thats just silly ... hahahahaha Anyways Just because I think they Crapped out and couldnt write a decent record to save thier lives doesnt mean I ACTUALLY hold it against them .... My Initial disapointment drove me to find other BETTER bands so I guess somehow in some scary way I am agreeing with you ... hahahahahaha :D

fact is, when you release a record, you want people to BUY your music. this basically means you want to earn $$$ for your music. thus, you "sold out," in a sense.

as i said, anyone can say "Metallica sux" all they want. just keep in mind that RtL, MoP, AJFA still owns whatever albums your band came up with. :Smug:

fact is, when you release a record, you want people to BUY your music. this basically means you want to earn $$$ for your music. thus, you "sold out," in a sense.

as i said, anyone can say "Metallica sux" all they want. just keep in mind that RtL, MoP, AJFA still owns whatever albums your band came up with. :Smug:
Ok NO Earning Money for doing your JOB is NOT selling out .... hahahaha who are you to tell me what to Keep in mind Bub .... hahaha Owns hahahaha :rolleyes:

JonnyD said:
Ok NO Earning Money for doing your JOB is NOT selling out .... hahahaha who are you to tell me what to Keep in mind Bub .... hahaha Owns hahahaha :rolleyes:

LOL. now that's funny. so what jobs do the guys in Metallica have other than to SELL records? how much different are they from other bands that sell their own records?

if you are IN IT for the music, you don't sell records to earn money. you find a blue-collar job.

who am i? im nobody important. but you have to admit, you know im right what i say about RtL, MoP, and AJFA. even your favorite band (whoever they are) wouldn't dare deny that fact.

LOL. now that's funny. so what jobs do the guys in Metallica have other than to SELL records? how much different are they from other bands that sell their own records?

if you are IN IT for the music, you don't sell records to earn money. you find a blue-collar job.

who am i? im nobody important. but you have to admit, you know im right what i say about RtL, MoP, and AJFA. even your favorite band (whoever they are) wouldn't dare deny that fact.
They Sold Kill em all, Ride the Lightining, Master of Puppets, And Justice for all ... Didnt make em Sell outs ..... you dont seem to get that My opinion is Different than yours Very Metallica is NOT the end all be all Metal band OVERKILL is a far better band they have made a Modest Living and their sound has evolved Naturally you wont see Bob Ellsworth sueing fans he doesnt care if you buy it or steal it as long as youve got it ... Is master of Puppets a all time Favorite yes but Metallica is NOT that band anymore the band that wrote that record was full of P&V and not worried about making movies or getting on mtv thats when they DID play for the music .... We can sit here and argue this forever and I will still think I am right and you will still think your right which will leave us absolutely nowhere ... I dont Have to Admit anything and I dont think Overkill gives 2 shits about RtL,MoP, and AJFA Have a Nice day :Spin:

JonnyD said:
.... We can sit here and argue this forever and I will still think I am right and you will still think your right which will leave us absolutely nowhere ... I dont Have to Admit anything and I dont think Overkill gives 2 shits about RtL,MoP, and AJFA Have a Nice day :Spin:

Hahaha, there's just no argueing with you, is there? I think you guys have different defenitions of the term "sellout". I'm with you on this one though, here's my defenition of sellout....When you try to please the mainstream market at any cost, even if you have to forget where you came from or who helped you to get where you are. Man, another Metallica-dissapiontment thread :bah:

as i said, anyone can say "Metallica sux" all they want.
Not enough fiber in your diet junior?! Sounds like you rolled over on the wrong side of the rack this morning. Your concept of "selling out" makes sense, to some extent. Where are are dead wrong is where you're basically saying everyone that has sold a record has sold out?! What kind of mentality is that?! Where you locked in the closet as a child or soemthing? Did get enough sunlight?! What?! Where you raised on a strict diet of lice & water?!
I can't stand people that use the term "sucks." It's weak & shows how, in this day & age people have become lazy. They don't read books, they have no imagination & can't articulate their thoughts.
SIXXSWINE:D

sixxswine said:
Not enough fiber in your diet junior?! Sounds like you rolled over on the wrong side of the rack this morning. Your concept of "selling out" makes sense, to some extent. Where are are dead wrong is where you're basically saying everyone that has sold a record has sold out?! What kind of mentality is that?! Where you locked in the closet as a child or soemthing? Did get enough sunlight?! What?! Where you raised on a strict diet of lice & water?!
I can't stand people that use the term "sucks." It's weak & shows how, in this day & age people have become lazy. They don't read books, they have no imagination & can't articulate their thoughts.
SIXXSWINE:D

you think personally attacking me makes you win arguments?

after getting some input from people, here are some things i found out about the term "sold-out".. here are 2 of the more viable answers

1) you do something that your fans disapprove of
2) you signup for a record deal

to summarize what i've already said in the previous posts:

Anyone who gets themselves signed, technically, 'sells out.'

"The whole point of getting signed is SO YOU CAN MAKE MONEY. The only time people actually start complaining about their favorite band's 'selling out' is when the band does something they don't like"

now, so when did Metallica actually sell-out? just for the sake of settling this argument.

NOT when they made an MTV.
NOT when they cut their hair.
NOT when they made The Black Album, Load & Reload.

but when they signed up to release Kill 'Em All.

you think personally attacking me makes you win arguments?

after getting some input from people, here are some things i found out about the term "sold-out".. here are 2 of the more viable answers

1) you do something that your fans disapprove of
2) you signup for a record deal

to summarize what i've already said in the previous posts:

Anyone who gets themselves signed, technically, 'sells out.'

"The whole point of getting signed is SO YOU CAN MAKE MONEY. The only time people actually start complaining about their favorite band's 'selling out' is when the band does something they don't like"

now, so when did Metallica actually sell-out? just for the sake of settling this argument.

NOT when they made an MTV.
NOT when they cut their hair.
NOT when they made The Black Album, Load & Reload.

but when they signed up to release Kill 'Em All.
You are completely Full of shit and I am Proud to put your ass on my Ignore list