Hevydevy forums officialy launched

Djöfull said:
what purpose does this forum have then? will it be closed
This forum was there before the SYL discussion board so I think it will be there even if there's an official HDR board . If people enjoy the ultimate metal communauty it shouldn't be a problem ...

I'm sorry, I'm really confused now...

I got into Devin a while ago. Eventually, I wanted to discuss his music with other fans. Everyone I asked pointed me to the following forum: http://www.prostheta.com/forum/

Then after joining UM to post on several other band's forums, I discoverd Devin had a forum here that was labeled an "Officially-endorsed forum" - which it still is. So I figured this one was official, though the other one acts like it is too (it is, afterall, the link that www.hevydevy.com - his official website - still has listed under "fans->forum")

Now, there is a 3rd, and you're saying it's "official" and is also linked on his website. o_O

All seem to claim some kind of "official" status. I think this could be very confusing to new (and old?) fans. Which one does Devin, his record label, or his management label as "official"? Is there a need for 3 forums that are all "official" for one man? It seems very ambiguous to me, and could also result in some sort of problems with real official information.

:err:

Hey I'm their webmaster, I'm the guy that worked on the new forum and Dev asked me to do it ...

The hevydevy forums are the official HDR forums dedicated to all the Devin Townsend projects ... That's simple . Dev, Ryan and Tracy post there

Geoff

OdinsCourt said:
I'm sorry, I'm really confused now...

I got into Devin a while ago. Eventually, I wanted to discuss his music with other fans. Everyone I asked pointed me to the following forum: http://www.prostheta.com/forum/

Then after joining UM to post on several other band's forums, I discoverd Devin had a forum here that was labeled an "Officially-endorsed forum" - which it still is. So I figured this one was official, though the other one acts like it is too (it is, afterall, the link that www.hevydevy.com - his official website - still has listed under "fans->forum")

Now, there is a 3rd, and you're saying it's "official" and is also linked on his website. o_O

All seem to claim some kind of "official" status. I think this could be very confusing to new (and old?) fans. Which one does Devin, his record label, or his management label as "official"? Is there a need for 3 forums that are all "official" for one man? It seems very ambiguous to me, and could also result in some sort of problems with real official information.

:err:

I go by the name berserkur there and it's a very active forum, but I like it and will spend more time there with Dev there and all the enculés!

this forum is not really an "official" forum , i just managed so we can have a DT forum here on UM , since it has been my main website for musical discutions for a bit more than 3 years now. there is an official SYL forum and in fact i thought there was 1 for HDR before this 1 opens , its only officially endorsed (approved by Tracy and Devin , i did the demand myself). i just wanted UM to have this forum so we can talk about DT/SYL here ratter than on other random forums (general metal discution , off-topic opeth forum). i doubt it will close , even though its not very crowded. i ratter post on this not so crowded forum , free of senseless moronic posts for the most , as a member that is but also of course , as the moderator that i am.