Hey Hoyt any chance of getting one of best metal bands in Georgia?

Cheiron

Jan 11, 2006
Baroness up here?

Everybody should check out Baroness's The Red Album. Its finding its way into many people's top of the year lists. Another band fit to open up ProgPower showcase. And definitely one of the best metal bands in Georgia.

Red Album is one of my top 5 albums of the year. It's one of the greatest albums I've heard in a long, long time. Think Mastodon meets Godspeed You! Black Emperor. I'd kill to see that band.

Red Album is quite good-- kind of so-so on the "Second" album, though. I've missed these guys when they've come through unfortunately. I think they recently did a string of shows with Zoroaster, which would have been somewhat heavy...

Hey Hoyt any chance of getting one of best metal bands in Georgia - Baroness up here?...

I suppose I should answer the initial question before this turns into a Georgia Metal Listing. :loco:

The chances are the same as any other band in Georgia or elsewhere - it all depends on supply and demand. If Baroness demands the right amount of money and if enough fans are supplied to cover those expenses, then no problem. But I'm not going to lose money on any ventures going forward. I promise you that. :Smug:

~Hoyt.

I suppose I should answer the initial question before this turns into a Georgia Metal Listing. :loco:

The chances are the same as any other band in Georgia or elsewhere - it all depends on supply and demand. If Baroness demands the right amount of money and if enough fans are supplied to cover those expenses, then no problem. But I'm not going to lose money on any ventures going forward. I promise you that. :Smug:

~Hoyt.

I'm sure that Baroness would draw fairly well up in Atlanta. Honestly, I was surprised that you haven't heard of them since they've had a lot of coverage on metal sites lately and even indie rock sites (Pitchfork Media gave Red Album an 8.4, which is unbelievably high for that site if you're familiar with it). They're signed to Relapse though so their guarantee might be a bit larger than what you usually work with.