Hey Mikael, Question......

Opeth\m/\m/

Apr 4, 2004
Why dont you guys ever play The Moonlapse Vertigo At shows? Its one of the best in my opinion and also, Where did the forest of October go? You used to play it at most concerts, and on the nevermore tour, Just decided the set needed a change?

You could ask the same question of lots of their songs. And yes, I beleive Opeth have said in several interviews that they like to play different stuff each tour to keep it interesting for them and the fans. Correct me if im wrong

I believe the story is that they played Moonlapse Vertigo at their first US show at Milwaukee Metalfest, and it came out poorly. I also recall Mike saying that to this day he feels that the song was incomplete or not right in some way. As for Forest of October, of course bands always change things up and phase out old songs, unless you're In Flames and you still play Behind Space every show.

No you idiot, MV is on Still Life. Therefore it isn't really all that old, and on the Deliverance tour they were playing both Godhead's Lament and Serenity Painted Death. The reason is MasterOShitening said, it's because Mike doesn't really like the song along with NATSW.

Aye, what's been said about Moonlapse Vertigo be true. With Forest though, the band have slowly been phasing the pre MAYH material out of their live gigs, so that may have something to do with it.

I would really love to see an all Orchid/Still Life/BWP/New Album gig.

Moonlapse said:
Aye, what's been said about Moonlapse Vertigo be true. With Forest though, the band have slowly been phasing the pre MAYH material out of their live gigs, so that may have something to do with it.

I would really love to see an all Orchid/Still Life/BWP/New Album gig.

I agree with you moonlapse, I would like to see it also, I dont like how their phasing out the old stuff, I love the forest of october and that song and Advent together are two insane songs live. They need to keep playing the old stuff like Morningrise, Forest of October and Others.

I would love to see a live set list of:
1. Forest of October
2.Advent
3.Moonlapse Vertigo
4.The Moor
5.April Ethereal (which they do play alot)
6.To Bid You farewell (Another lost live song)
7. Demon of the Fall (Demon is Demon and its place at the end of the set is secure) I tihnk that set list would own for a Old music revival show.

I think they are ready to play most of their songs _except_ moonlapse. I've read in several interviews that Mike simply believes they can't perform it correctly (he even claims it isn't 100% correct on the album), so don't expect that one.

I know they promoted the deliverance album at shows and tours alot but has Wreath ever been played live ? I think thats the best song on the album.

Our bass player for our band saw them in Milwaukee when they played Moonlapse Vertigo. He feels really fortunate that he got to see them play it too. As far as my opinion goes with the set lists they play, I would also love to hear the older songs. I know this will probably never happen (again if it has already happened), but I would love to see them play The Night and the Silent Water. I know Mikael and Peter both say its their least favorite song and all, but its one of my favorites and would love to hear it played live. Since Morningrise is my favorite album of theirs, I would just love to hear them play more songs off of that album. I love Orchid too, so Forest of October is a definite.

I do, however, understand about changing the setlist up so it doesn't get old and repetitve.

Forest of October owns. Advent is possibly the best Opeth song ever, off Morningrise. TNATSW is good also, I heard Mikael wrote that song for his grandpa when he was dying, does anyone know if thats true?

Bleakest Harvest said:
No you idiot, MV is on Still Life. Therefore it isn't really all that old, and on the Deliverance tour they were playing both Godhead's Lament and Serenity Painted Death. The reason is MasterOShitening said, it's because Mike doesn't really like the song along with NATSW.

I was talking about Forest Of October. Mikael said he doesn't like the stuff on Orchid/Morningrise that much anymore. But well, bit off-topic I guess.

jaykeegan said:
Not necessarily, I believe they played ''To Bid You Farewell'' on there most recent Australian tour. I am not sure which exact gig it was though.
They also played it throughout the US Damnation tour.

jaykeegan said:
Not necessarily, I believe they played ''To Bid You Farewell'' on there most recent Australian tour. I am not sure which exact gig it was though.

They did? I was unaware of that. I thought they hadnt played it in a long time, I guess I was wrong.