Hey, Pyrus...

unknown

fuck ftagn
Oct 27, 2003
The Red Tower
(from blabbermouth)

DREAM THEATER drummer Mike Portnoy will be playing a set with classic East Coast thrashers OVERKILL this Friday, October 29 for Eddie Trunk's annual Halloween party.

The event will take place at The Hard Rock Café, located at 57th St between Broadway and 7th Ave. in New York City. Doors open at 9:30. OVERKILL will go on around midnight/12:30 a.m. It is a free show as all tickets were given out on Eddie's radio show.

The event will be broadcast live via Trunk's radio show this Friday night between 11:00 p.m. and 2:00 a.m. on Q104.3 FM and simulcast between 10:00 p.m. and 1:00 a.m. on Rockin 101 HMH in St Cloud, Minneapolis.

and how do you feel about this?

unknown said:
(from blabbermouth)

DREAM THEATER drummer Mike Portnoy will be playing a set with classic East Coast thrashers OVERKILL this Friday, October 29 for Eddie Trunk's annual Halloween party.

The event will take place at The Hard Rock Café, located at 57th St between Broadway and 7th Ave. in New York City. Doors open at 9:30. OVERKILL will go on around midnight/12:30 a.m. It is a free show as all tickets were given out on Eddie's radio show.

The event will be broadcast live via Trunk's radio show this Friday night between 11:00 p.m. and 2:00 a.m. on Q104.3 FM and simulcast between 10:00 p.m. and 1:00 a.m. on Rockin 101 HMH in St Cloud, Minneapolis.

and how do you feel about this?

I'm not Pyrus but holy shit... that should be cool!!!!

man, Petrucci owns you :lol: He can look any way he wants. His guitar playing will always be awesome.

I have two parties to go to on the 29th. One of which involves me drinking. Moral of the story? I'll wait for a Dream Theater show to hit Philadelphia.

No man... As much as I love Dream Theater, then you must agree that after the debut his playing has become boring! Of course he has his "moments" on I&W and others, but 80% of his playing is boring. It is his way of composing that is awesome. And even here I think it is Portnoy who does the most. Don't know for sure though.

But to get to the real point of this post, then I do think it should be awesome to hear Portnoy play a completely different style than he is used to. I like most of his prog music, but this should be awesome. Maybe he will start a thrash band someday... hehe! One can only hope