Hey Salty

Spruce Goose

Then Goose me up woman!
Apr 17, 2001
Sydney
scholar.uws.edu.au~13326874
Hey dude, have you heard about the new OPETH album cover? They are looking for people/fans to send them drawings of the band members and the best one will be used on the next studio album cover. They are after an album cover that has the same feel as Rainbows 'Long Live Rock n Roll' album. You familar with that?

Anyway, if you do an awesome bit of artwork and send it to them, they may use it for the next cover. Could be some great exposure for you. You should definately give it a crack. More info can be found at www.opeth.com

B00000IMTH.01._PE_SCMZZZZZZZ_.jpg

hey I just saw you mention this thread in the other thread haha

i hadn't even seen this thread.

hmm...i might look at trying to do something for that...i'd need photos of all of the band members though. and then theres the thing where i generally suck and drawing portraits...but hey who cares!

I'll have a look into it cheers!

You dont suck dude. I just had a look at arthouse mountain website. Some cool shit there. And who says that it can't be abstract/fantasy or whatever you are good at. They just used the Rainbow album as an example. I am sure they wouldnt want a dead set copy of it. Go for it. Could be your big break. Spend time on it. And give thanks to me in the album sleeve when you get the gig :headbang:

You dont suck dude. I just had a look at arthouse mountain website. Some cool shit there. And who says that it can't be abstract/fantasy or whatever you are good at. They just used the Rainbow album as an example. I am sure they wouldnt want a dead set copy of it. Go for it. Could be your big break. Spend time on it. And give thanks to me in the album sleeve when you get the gig
headbob.gif

Here is the official call:

We want your drawings!! The idea for the next Opeth album is to have drawn (black/white) pictures of the band members as opposed to a photograph. Are you a skilled artist? Please send us your work at info@opeth.com. Think Rainbow's "Long live rock n' roll" and you'll get the idea on what we're after!

The last thing we need is for Salty to be more exposed. *shudder*

That's former UM boss Mark in the last picture, btw. A common mistake.

Yeah, I'm always told I look like him. I guess I should stop walking around talking Swedish and carrying a guitar, too.

Did you ever get confused with the Swedish Muppet Chef when you were speaking Swedenish Mark?