Hey There!

Kirknewm

New Metal Member
Feb 16, 2007
So, I'm fairly new to the whole recording scene or whatever you'd call it. I've been playing guitar for about 11 years, and I was loaded with material and have just recently (this past year) started to record my ideas. I frequent at the ESP forums, and that's where I got some of my gear recommendations and knowledge, and now my recording set up consists of a Line 6 Toneport, Beatcraft (with some Sneap samples and others ;) ), A MicroKorg, and I'm running all of that through Audacity. It's a cheap set-up, but I reckon it's as good as you can get with only a few hundred bucks.

So, I recently have not been satisfied with my recordings. I've heard some peoples recordings that use similar gear as me, and they sound amazing. Mine just seem to lack something, and I've discovered it's largely due to my inexperience with mixing and producing, and finding good tone for recording.

I have some clips for you guys, I'm hoping you guys can give me any advice or pointers. I'd really appreciate it. I'm going to try and frequent here so I can pick up a bit more knowledge and tips. Thanks in advance!

Here's my music myspace, any feedback is appreciated!

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=73384452