Hey

Redeemed Immortal

In solitude I wander
Jun 22, 2011
Montreal
Hey everyone. Here is a little introduction:

I am still young (15). Up until the age of 11 I listened to shit like Greenday and Billy Talent, which I currently respect but think are a complete waste of my time. Later I started listening to Nu Metal such as Slipknot, Disturbed, System of a Down... but I have outgrown those too. When I listened to them, It was a thirst for loud noise with strong coherence. These bands didn't do it for me. I went deeper into the history of metal, and on my own discovered great musicians, with great talent. These bands do quench my thirst. Here are the artists on my iPod:

Black Sabbath: Great band. No explanation needed.
Death: I used to be repulsed by Death Metal, because most of it is way to angry, causing the music to fall apart, out of sync. This changed when I stopped being ignorant and listened to what started all the death hype, and realized this is just a very good musician, very thrashy and slightly progy, who tried something new. RIP Chuck. One of my favorite bands.
Judas Priest: Same as Black Sabbath, while not at the same level.
Metallica: While most people hate Load-Reload-St. Anger, I have grown to apreciate all their albums. 3 good musicians and a drummer came together and made one of the greatest bands of all time. This is without a doubt my favorite band. RIP Cliff.
Nirvana: This is the only Grunge band I like, it has good musicianship. However, I may have to remove it for more space on my iPod. Still a timeless and great band. RIP Cobain.
Opeth: Like Death, this is a Death Metal band that I like. I don't like most of them at that. While not my favourite band, I am certainly digging them the most right now.
Pantera: While the lyrics aren't good, Pantera is a great arrangement, with good musicians. Timeless. RIP Dimebag.
Slayer: The anger... the evil... it is so controlled! Beutiful. Agression is great when organized.
Venom: They are not that skilled, but they are a joy to listen to. "Aaaaaargh" still makes me laugh.
Voivod: I first patriotically listened to them since I live in Quebec and they are from Quebec. But I soon realized this band is on par with some other Thrash Monsters. RIP Piggy.

If anyone has recomendations based on this post, tell me! I have no space left on my IPod(8 gigs) but I could rotate things according to any suggestions.

Hi Redeemed :) My name is Angelique, I'm 29 from Cape Town, South Africa. It's always a pleasure to meet other metal fans from around the world. You're very observant about music and it shows. Not only have you learnt much so far but you have much more to learn, which is after all what life is about. Just so you can see another metal fan's taste - this is what I'm currently listening to on my Nano (not gonna explain unless you want me to hehehe):

Amon Amarth: "Twilight of the Thunder God."
Bal-Sagoth: All albums.
Cradle of Filth: Some of their music.
Decapitated: The song called "Blessed" from a compilation album and their album "Nihility."
Dio: Some of his music, ok a lot of his music :) I'm a big fan.
Dream Theatre: Some of their albums.
Fields of the Nephilim: Some tracks.
'Priest - nuff said
'Maiden - nuff said
Morbid Angel: Albums: Altars of Madness, Blessed are the Sick, Covenant, Formulas Fatal to the Flesh, Gateways to Annihilation. This band sets the standard for many - the musicians are top class!
My Dying Bride: A lot of their material.
Pestilence: All their albums except for latest one. Gotta buy that - soon.
Rainbow: Some of their albums.
Rammstein: Some of their albums.
Rick Wakeman: "The Myths and Legends of King Arthur and the Knights of the Round Table."
Uriah Heep: Some random stuff.
Yngwie Malmsteen: His album "Alchemy" and a few other songs.

Please feel free to ask questions about the above bands, I will be happy to assist you.

Have fun \m/