Hi, I am new

nothin2gein

New Metal Member
Nov 21, 2002
Visit site
Yes, I know my name is refering to a nu-metal band. Two reasons.....

1. I like Mudvayne
2. Im already on this name on several boards I'm uncreative and don't wanna change.

Anyways my favorite bands are Testament (duh), Metallica, Anthrax, Slayer, Shadows Fall, God Forbid, Killswitch Engage, Mudvayne, Rage Against the Machine, Alice in Chains, Soundgarden, Sublime, Hatebreed, Biohazard, Pantera, DOWN, Led Zepplein, Thin Lizzy, Black Sabbath, Pink Floyd, Skynyrd, Opeth, Soilwork, In Flames, Cryptoprsy, Death, Sepultura, 311, and some rap groups Im sure you don't wanna hear or talk about.

In my spare time I go to university, waste my life cheering for the Chicago Bears and curse various things since Testament is not touring the Midwest any time soon.

So, whats up?

I was assuming you think I'll reject Mudvayne and the other nu-metal bands I like in exchange for death metal etc., but I already like those kind of bands.

And thanks for the welcome, most MODs tell me to get the fuck out.

Death metal did not make me stop listening to nu-metal, Nevermore did. However, I have no problem with Mudvayne and Slipknot, although many of their fans make it hard to enjoy the music. Although the music is not bad, I try and avoid the image that inherently goes along with it. The funniest thing I have ever heard is a Mudvayne fan saying that their decision to stop wearing make up was "selling out". After beginning to listen to 100-150 other metal bands, Slipknot seems less interesting to me though.

However, I am begging to feel dizzy sitting in a chair, so I am going to sleep now.

Iv never been that into pantera, but at least pantera can compose a song of more then 2 riffs.

yes iv come from Nu-Metal, but iv long sence denounced that simply cus music with one tired riff that sounds like all the other riffs bores the hell out of me...

me personaly cant stand any nu metal now days, and am picky about most metal bands if they arent complex enough...

but hey thats just me :)

Good to meet another Testament fan! Don't feel ashamed of what you listen to! If it's what you like it really doesn't matter if other people bash on it! Trust me...they have skeletons in their cd collections too! We all do. As long as you don't limit yourself to one genre of music...it's all good!

Is Rap even considered music? I'm a 29 year old White
Guy and even I could make the slop you see out there now.
There's nothing to it. Oh, Don't get me started.
I'm not ragging on the new guy, I'm ragging on (c)rap.

-OfficerNice

Originally posted by nothin2gein
I don't let a fan base influence my enjoyment of music, otherwise I would of given up on Pantera and DOWN years ago.

There's nothing stopping you, You can always give up on
Phil Anselmo. He's given up on his lyric writing.
"Reinventing The Steel" proves that.

-OfficerNice.