Hi, my name is Glenn and I enjoy the new Five Finger Death Punch...

my 14 year old son likes the new one and wanted to know if I had it LOL....

I am a big fan of Bullet For my Valentine..................there.........I said it publicly....... I think those guys are so Metal. :) No sarcasm whatsoever in this post. :)

Thanks for posting this comment Glenn! I too enjoy five finger death punch, although I limit the band to the Gym. It's fantastic pissed off throw heavy weights around angry workout music :). ....Something about this band just makes you feel unstoppable and powerful in the gym, and the energy and aggression never stops until the music stops playing.

I know they take a bunch of crap for being basically "bro metal" or "white trash rock" or whatever, but really when you break this tune down structurally how different is it really from traditional metal? I don't really see the major distinction aside from the most basic of lyrics that a twelve year old could write. There's plenty of "our" bands out there guilty of the same thing. I'm not a fan by any means, but this is pretty darn cool to my ears. This would be a major progpower curveball to book them, and I bet they would slay.

I know they take a bunch of crap for being basically "bro metal" or "white trash rock" or whatever, but really when you break this tune down structurally how different is it really from traditional metal? I don't really see the major distinction aside from the most basic of lyrics that a twelve year old could write. There's plenty of "our" bands out there guilty of the same thing. I'm not a fan by any means, but this is pretty darn cool to my ears. This would be a major progpower curveball to book them, and I bet they would slay.

I've heard that Ivan tends to write quite a bit about emotional pain that's he's suffered due to bullying that he was the victim of early in his life. Of course this is just hearsay.... But with that said, I've heard a few interviews of the band(and from what I've heard from others) they seem to be super nice guys in spite of their often Anger induced lyrics....

I'm a fan of the style, in general. Slipknot, Spineshank, Disturbed, Mudvayne and Manson all have spots in my collection, but I was never able to get into 5FDP. In general, it follows the same format, but somehow it just doesn't get my motor going.

This would be a major progpower curveball to book them, and I bet they would slay.

Like I said, they are quite good live for what they are. Like I said, I don't like the style, but I am able to notice a good live band even if I'm not fond of the style. Thankfully for me they're definitely way too big for Progpower.

It's funny cause I like some 5FDP songs a lot and detest others. They seem to be a hit or miss type of band in terms of cool tunes. I find their bullyboy songs to be their worst and their ballads or more emotional melodic songs much better like the song Wrong Side of Heaven on the new album.

What amazes me is that people still listen to the radio...even Sirius has boring setlists now on almost all of their stations.

"I didn't leave radio, radio left me..."

Sirius always had boring setlists (The Clear Channel effect.). XM was more adventurous but got less so over time, and it all died after the merger.

I'm convinced radio is for those who don't care all that much for music, but want to listen to something anyways.

Funny, I have found myself listening to Sirius Octane station in my car a lot recently since Hair Nation and The Boneyard play the same songs over and over and over. I've found myself enjoying AX7 and 5FDP.

I had given up my XM subscription following the merger but I was enticed back for $5 a month. Would it kill them to play something off the beaten path like Helix, Rough Cutt, House of Lords or Y&T more than once every 2 weeks?