HIGH ON FIRE Frontman Shares Graphic Photo Of Partially Amputated Toe

MetalAges

Purveyor of the Unique & Distinct
Staff member
Sep 30, 2001
Virginia, USA
www.ultimatemetal.com
HIGH ON FIRE frontman Matt Pike has shared a graphic photo of his partially amputated toe. The emergency surgery forced the band to pull out of its previously announced "Speed Of The Wizard" co-headlining tour with MUNICIPAL WASTE last month. The trek was scheduled to kick off on November 2 in Dallas, Texas and run through November 26 in Santa Ana, California. HIGH ON FIRE's latest album, "Electric Messiah", was released on October 5 via Entertainment One (eOne). The disc reunited the band with producer Kurt Ballou (CONVERGE, TORCHE, KVELERTAK) for the third time. HIGH ON FIRE recently completed a European co-headlining tour with ENSLAVED. In an interview with Consequence Of Sound, Pike spoke about how his personal life and relationships influence his work. "I'm with a partner now that is a tattoo artist and musician," he said ."We lead a similar lifestyle and she really understands multi-tasking. I moved up to Portland now and I have a house with a DIY studio. I think that's why there are less of my sissy songs on 'Electric Messiah'. Before [2015's] 'Luminiferous', I was with my best friend for seven years but we realized our lifestyles just weren't really compatible. Ending that [relationship] effected the writing on 'Luminiferous'. I don't have any of the 'cry-in-my-beer' songs on this one. This one is full throttle." He continued: "I always study ancient Sumerian culture and Mesopotamia, their mythology, how those myths influence religion, and how religion then influences the world. Put a tinfoil hat on me if you want, but that's the stuff I believe. I generally think the strings are being pulled. So there is more focus on those themes on the record than on past HIGH ON FIRE records."

Continue reading...