HOB [San Diego] Security Policy

Moshking

Aug 1, 2002
Azusa, CA
www.moshking.com

I went to see Amon Amarth/Himsa/Sonic Syndicate last night at HOB San Diego.
Great show! Good aggressive pit with a couple of fights is always fun to Watch. But I was surprised to see a MAJOR security change for the show last night. Complete in and out privileges all night and no more metal wands or pat down!! And it will be that way for ALL shows. That's right from the horse's mouth...well...the lead security guard last night. HOB wants to be more relaxed in its security and be more fan friendly. Am I hearing right?!?! HOB wants to be more relaxed?!?! Typically people are taking pictures of the bands with cell phones. Not last night....digital cameras! What?!?! Cameras are allowed?! YES!!! Three guys, separate occasions, jumped on stage during Amon Amarth and staged dived and their ass wasn’t booted out! What?!?! I am still in shock by this turn around but I wouldn't count on it lasting for very long but who knows. NOW I will park much closer and pay to park so I can partake in those party favors, YES!

PS. The policy was the same for the Chimaira/Kataklysm/Terror/Divine Heresy show.

No pat downs or MD wands at a hardcore metal show. Hmmmm, why dont you ask Vinnie Paul what he thinks of no security at a gig? Im sure there are NO more Nathan Gales running around. That is a very bad idea.

I hope that they do the same at the rest of the HOB's...the camera policy always sucks!, if they change I will be going there now for sure. That one thing that I liked about the Galaxy, cameras were no problem.