Holy Cow !! AC/DC is back in 1980 form !!

Bryant

Mr. Sleepy
Apr 14, 2002
Sweet home Alabama
Visit site
I am new to this forum, so I wouldn't post this if I weren't extremely impressed. The new AC/DC song "Rock and Roll Train" has been getting some hype at the "oldschool" board and even though AC/DC has bored me to tears since after "For Those About to Rock" which was released in the early 80's, I decided to check it out. The song freaking kicks ass !! I haven't heard them sound this good in over 25 years.

edited..... whoops forgot the link.... it is a tough one.

www.acdc.com

Bryant

Hey yes, sounds like the old AC/DC. Great to hear them playing in this way!
My first album was from this band, I never lost them out of sight.

I now listened to that song quite a few times. I was never a big fan of AC/DC but I have to admit that they really sound back to the roots. Actually I like that song much better than most of their songs I know. Though in general AC/DC are a little too boring for me: no drum breaks, no amazing rhythms, the vocals sound the same on every song... nevertheless they have written some real great riffs: TNT, Highway to Hell, Whole Lotta Rosie to name a few.

Before I even checkout the new tune...I'm guessing it has the same f-in beat and 2-3 chords that all thier goddamn songs have...

...just listened to it and it is more of the same than I even expected more of the same to be...atleast I got a good laugh from it.

Actually, the funniest thing is the tracklisting...check it out...3 songs have "rock n roll" in the title, while another has "rocking"...I'm not sure even Dream Evil is that blatant :lol: That said, how can you hate on AC/DC...they're that lovable, safe hard rock band that, for better or worse, you can always count on :)

...tracklist:lol:
Honestly, not a hater at all, and your correct on what your going to get from them...straight-forward good old rock n roll! I just get a kick out of thier simplicity and spinal tappish style.

No offense, but I think some people really miss the intricacies of the new AC/DC song as well as the late 70's- early 80's era. The Brothers Young purposely used/use different phrasings of chords to get the huge guitar sound they possess. The drums were/are strangely straight-forward, but incessant and flat out metronome like perfect. The bass was also basic, but so full, it rocked you back in your seat and was/is cleverly played. The songs were/are certainly simplistic in many ways, but hid/hide some well-crafted writing that have inspired many people for many years.
I don't expect others to necessarily hear what I do by any means. We all have different tastes. I respect that and understand perfectly. All I am trying to say is that you may hear more than you think if you give the song a few listens. I suppose if you compare the new song with say Dream Theater, it does sound pretty "basic" but trust me that after many listens, the song is very well written. Enjoy or not, but I sure do.

Bryant

Thanks for bringing the new AC/DC to my attention. Definitely going to be a great release. Too bad my friends in the USA have to go to Walmart to get the CD. They say thats not a great place to go.

Sorry Bryant...been listening to metal and rock for a long time. Intricacies, different phrasing, well-crafted need not apply to AC/DC. The drums, well you could take every beat and apply it to just about all thier songs. I don't even like Dream Theater but mentioning AC/DC and DT in the same sentence is kinda funny.

No offense, but I think some people really miss the intricacies of the new AC/DC song as well as the late 70's- early 80's era. The Brothers Young purposely used/use different phrasings of chords to get the huge guitar sound they possess. The drums were/are strangely straight-forward, but incessant and flat out metronome like perfect. The bass was also basic, but so full, it rocked you back in your seat and was/is cleverly played. The songs were/are certainly simplistic in many ways, but hid/hide some well-crafted writing that have inspired many people for many years.
I don't expect others to necessarily hear what I do by any means. We all have different tastes. I respect that and understand perfectly. All I am trying to say is that you may hear more than you think if you give the song a few listens. I suppose if you compare the new song with say Dream Theater, it does sound pretty "basic" but trust me that after many listens, the song is very well written. Enjoy or not, but I sure do.

Bryant

:headbang: Well said! I'm from the old school.....AC/DC are rock n roll legends! If it wasn't for these guys, you wouldn't have the bands of today. I've heard the new single and I like it. I'll be purchasing my concert tickets this Saturday to see them here in December. :headbang: I wouldn't miss this concert -no way!!!

They are legends allright, but since 'Thunderstruck' they haven't added anything new or good to the rock scene imo...this latest effort does nothing for me (and neither does the new Metallica)...pitty!