Holy Diver.... In Concert!

rokk

Long Live =^.^=
Mar 5, 2005
Southeast Idaho
www.doseofmetal.com
HOLY DIVER' SET TO BE RE-ISSUED SEPTEMBER 30:
It has now been confirmed that Dio's 1983 landmark album, Holy Diver, will be re-released in upgraded form on September 30th 2005. A joint project between Universal Music & Rock Candy Records, this new version of a recognised rock classic has been comprehensively remastered for maximum impact, and will also come complete with extensive sleeve notes, expanded original artwork (including hand-written lyrics) plus a brand new audio interview with singer Ronnie James Dio himself. Distribution is via Universal Music.
In the course of the interview, Ronnie talks in detail about the formation of Dio the band, and the background to the Holy Diver debut – the first time he'd released a record under his own name, and the first time (having parted company with both Rainbow & Black Sabbath) he was truly in charge of his own destiny.
Dio start an 11-date UK tour on October 9 2005, the intention being to play the 'Holy Diver' album in full in the course of what promises to be a memorable night of truly timeless music

Wow! That's pretty cool. I've still got my vinyl copy laying around somewhere and the CD version never quite measured up to the inner sleeve. Now we're gonna get liner notes and lyrics too? Now all I have to do is wait a month and a half.

Wheezer said:
Wow! That's pretty cool. I've still got my vinyl copy laying around somewhere and the CD version never quite measured up to the inner sleeve. Now we're gonna get liner notes and lyrics too? Now all I have to do is wait a month and a half.

I have the vinyl too, which I long ago burned to CD. I probably won't buy the remaster, though, as I rarely re-buy stuff I already have.

I came accross this on cd at a carboot sale for 50p so obviously i brought it. Even today it still is a very good rock album. 50p well spent i think.

crystal dawn

Is it Metal blasphemy to say that Holy Diver is not a very consistent album?

That really is how I feel as to me this has some great stuff like the title track, Rainbow..., Don't Talk To Strangers, and Shame On The Night. But I really feel that the other tracks are a bit filler-esque. This LP can't even come close to H&H, The Mob Rules, etc.

Thoughts?

Walter_Langkowski said:
Is it Metal blasphemy to say that Holy Diver is not a very consistent album?
That really is how I feel as to me this has some great stuff like the title track, Rainbow..., Don't Talk To Strangers, and Shame On The Night. But I really feel that the other tracks are a bit filler-esque. This LP can't even come close to H&H, The Mob Rules, etc.

Thoughts?
The only song I'm not too crazy about has to be "Shame on the Night", all the other ones are Dio classics to me. That's not blasphemy, to each its own :)
I just love that chemistry the band had at the time!