Holy shit, Loomis and Williams left Nevermore

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 10, 2011
Guitarist Jeff Loomis and drummer Van Williams have announced their departure from Seattle-based progressive thrashers Nevermore. The following announcement was posted on the band's Myspace page:

"In a mutual decision Jeff Loomis and Van Williams have decided to leave Nevermore. The time has come to pursue our own paths from the group. Due to internal struggles and ongoing issues within the band, we feel it is our time to move on. We would like to thank all of our fans around the world for their years of love, support and enthusiasm. This was not an easy decision but a very necessary one at this point, may we all meet again someday, somewhere in time."

Loomis and Williams had been with Nevermore since the band's first album, the self-titled Nevermore from 1995. Nevermore recently announced that they would be cancelling their planned tour with Symphony X. No information regarding additional confirmed tour dates is known at this time.

http://www.metalstorm.net/events/news_comments.php?news_id=13507

I did not see that coming, but I hope it means that they will get into more projects. It's kinda sad to see Nevermore go after releasing such a, in my opinion, poor album :/

Correct me if I'm wrong but.. isn't Nevermore Loomis' band? Didn't he start it? I could just look on Wikipedia but meh :lol:

EDIT: well... there we have it, I was wrong! :lol: but still... he's become so synonymous with it, that's just ridiculous.

Status
Not open for further replies.