Home Again!

Air Raid Siren

Maidens' Vox
Apr 26, 2004
My City Of Angels
www.myspace.com
Well, finally STARTING to recover from my 2 weeks in Vegas. (It's as bad as the worst jet lag!!!) I missed my girls but had a great time exercising my R&B chops!

So many musicians and music lovers came in to hang out or sit in during the run that it helped make the nights fly by (at least while I was on stage!)

It never fails to amaze me how many musicians admire Bruce Conte and his guitar playing. He's such a down to earth guy one can easily forget how influential Tower of Power actually was - until he picks up the guitar, that is! Getting to sing and hang with Kevin Cronin (of REO Speedwagon) and some of the Styx band members was a definite highlight. My friend, Kenny Lee Lewis (guitarist for the Steve Miller Band) came down and brought Steve's bassist, Billy Peterson (from the Minneapolis Peterson family) with him. Billy ended up hanging out with us the whole week he was there. What a sweetheart he was.

Headbanger Harry came in with some friends wearing his Maidens' Tee (that cracked Bruce up!). Thanks for the pix, Harry! Wish I knew how to post the dang things! :guh:

Welcome back

After playing with all of these famous people you still have time to speak with us little people?....Let's see, there are the snotty prima donna singers and then there are the Aja Kim's ....Who do you think the fans like better?

nlukes said:
Welcome back

After playing with all of these famous people you still have time to speak with us little people?....Let's see, there are the snotty prima donna singers and then there are the Aja Kim's ....Who do you think the fans like better?
This little person is still pinching herself! :loco: It'd be like thinking I'm actually Bruce Dickinson or something just cuz I'm singing Maiden. I've never forgotten something Sara said at my first audition - "We're MOCKstars, we don't write 'em, we just play 'em." That's how I knew this was a group of girls after my own heart! No diva bullshit!
:headbang:

Air Raid Siren said:
I've never forgotten something Sara said at my first audition - "We're MOCKstars, we don't write 'em, we just play 'em." That's how I knew this was a group of girls after my own heart! No diva bullshit!
:headbang:

Mockstars??.. I've never heard that expression before. That witty Sara fires off another one. .......

Air Raid Siren said:
Getting to sing and hang with Kevin Cronin (of REO Speedwagon) and some of the Styx band members was a definite highlight.

What a lucky girl, I know REO and Styx have been hanging out together for a while now. Did you talk with James Young, and Tommy? They are an inspiration every time I see them play because they never look at their necks and they play so smooth. Blue collar Man, great song too.

RoboCaster said:
What a lucky girl, I know REO and Styx have been hanging out together for a while now. Did you talk with James Young, and Tommy? They are an inspiration every time I see them play because they never look at their necks and they play so smooth. Blue collar Man, great song too.
No Tommy Shaw didn't make it down. Not a lot of time to chat, unfortunately. They were partying and I was woiking!!! Just a chance to say hello basically, cuz I didn't want to intrude on their personal time. Kevin was the social butterfly of the group, that's for sure. What a sweetheart he was!