Hot weather music

NAD

What A Horrible Night To Have A Curse
Jun 5, 2002
Kandarian Ruins
I don't know about anyone else, but my music choices sway with the weather. For example, during the winter I can't stop listening to Dissection, At the Gates, and lots of black metal. Well now that the weather is starting to warm up (in SoCal anyhow), it's time to break out other CDs. So what are your hot weather groups, or does a change of season mean nothing to your musical taste? Some of my favorites to blast on hot summer nights:

Black Sabbath
Morbid Angel
Carcass
Danzig
Down
Emerson, Lake, and Palmer
Vader
Nine Inch Nails
:devil:

This happens sometimes for me, but not too often. I guess I tend to listen to Van Halen in the summer more. Something about them is better suited for the warm weather and kicking back in shorts.

Maybe I listen to more thrash and more "light hearted" stuff as opposed to Dissection and some of the bands you named.

Actually the weather doesn't affect what music I listen to, I find it quite refreshing when listening to some 'winter' music during the summer.

Black metal is definetely winter music for me. If it's hot I can't stand usually stand bm. I like to listen something "rockier" when it's hot. Like Corrosion of Conformity, Danzig... If it gets annoyingly hot, I just don't listen to anything.

this is a great thread. I completely agree with what has already been said, though. The rockier bands get more spin time in the summertime. Of course, black metal still gets spun at nights on the drive home from a long day at work. Black metal and fast, brutal death metal like Myrkskog, Origin, and Decapitated is almost all I listen to during the winter. Danzig is really good during the summer months when you are driving to the coffee shop during your lunch breaks. Hail Danzig!!

Other summer bands:
Iced Earth
Blind Guardian
Dark Tranquility
Soilwork
In The Woods
Arcturus
Samael
Marduk
Misfits (Glenn-era)

More:

Corrosion of Conformity (thanks for reminding me ;) )
Janis Joplin
Led Zeppelin
The Doors
Megadeth
Hendrix
Mr. Bungle

:headbang:

I experience the same thing during the summer. I tend to listen to more mainstream music and bands with more of a chunk and groove to the riffs. Black and death metal just do not interest me a whole lot during the summer.

I listen to ALOT of grunge in the warmer seasons especially Alice in Chains..aside from them of course is Soundgarden, Pearl Jam, and Temple of the Dog. Aside from that lots of grooved out death and thrash (mainly Slayer).

havn't noticed that weather affects my listening-habits much.
in summer it might be that I listen more to aggressive/mighty music, but that's mainly due to the reason that almost all good fests are happening during the warm season :headbang: :D

During the summer, when its hot as hell, listen to Immortal, and you will soon get the nice feeling of eternal winter back ;)

Yeah it's been really nice here in So Cal lately.. What city do you live in? I'm in Irvine.

Anyways..
I like a lot more doom and black metal when it's cold/rainy/cloudy. Bands like ISIS, Katatonia, October Tide and Graveworm come to mind..

When it's nice and hot out I'll listen to anything.. but mostly high energy stuff like ATG, In Flames, old Metallica..

I'm in Riverside, it's been really nice until today. I brought along all my summer weather music to work and it looks and feels like winter again! Time to through on some Ulver... :D