How about a slighty more varied line up?

Black Lagoon

Apr 24, 2001
Cornwall, England
Visit site
Personally speaking I would love to see a bit more variation in the styles of music by the bands at Bloodstock.
For instance how about getting a few bands like The Backyard Babies, Pitchshifter, Hawkwind or even Fish.
I know the idea is that this is a Metal festival but at the end of the day a lot of people don't just listen to Metal, (To much euro cheese does your head in!), and a bit of variation is always a good thing. Glenn Hughes' soulful rock was a real breath of fresh air at 01.

Good or Bad idea?

personally i think its a bad idea but thats just me, when i go to a metal festival i only really go to see metal. If i want to see something else i go down a local pub/club etc etc... I am a huge fan of heavy metal and a lots of other types of music, but i for one would not like to see the style of bloodstock change...

Totally agree with heathenking and William! Bloodstock is a metalfest and should stay so. Glenn Hughes was totally out of place at Bloodstock01 he even admitted this during his set. I'm not saying that I wouldn't go and see the guy again cause he is good at what he does but he's not in the same league as this year's Rays, Guardian, Freedom Call, Return To The Sabbat or Bal Sagoth who seemed to be the most popular bands on show.

I just hope Vince & Co stick and improve on this years formular and continue to go for power/black/death/thrash/gothic and traditional styles.

I agree that Bloodstock should remain a metal festival. There is nothing that is like it in the UK at the moment...Ozzfest just can't compare...no mud for a start :lol:

There are other festivals where those who wish can see the likes of Hawkwind and Fish.......if they feel so inclined. I think Bloodstock would loose the vibe it has if such acts were included in the bill.

The Dragon Maiden

Its nice to have a festival with real metal at it that
doesn't involve days of travelling to Germany or
some such. Oldtimers like Hawkwind might be ok
in the same way Diamond Head fitted in this year
but Fish??? Like hello!!!

Keep Blodstock Metal.

For the likes of Hawkwind, Fish etc there was the Canterbury Fayre. I agree thet there should be some variety, but the fact is that the other bands you cited can be found performing elsewhere and Bloodstock is the only Metal festival in operation in the UK as the MTVFest, sorry Ozzfest doesn't count.