How can I do an IP address check? or can someone check for me...

^^^ Right on it, my friend! :loco: :) But scince IP addresses change each time a person logs onto their computer this'll be a hard one! I'll get back to you either way! :loco: Peace! :headbang:

that depends what kind of isp provider they have, if they are running through dial up, their ip will change with dsl and lan there are options, you can either have a the same ip addres, or you can have different ip addresses every time you go online. if you give me more info on that guy, like e-mail addres, or anything like that besides ip, i'll figure him out.

It all depends on what kind of network you are on. If you're Dial-Up then yea, IP addresses change. If you're on a high-speed ISP who doesn't support Dynamic IP addresses then your IP will remain the same. Dynamic IPs change each time your computer reboots. But, if you're behind a router, you IP address will remain the same but your router's IP will change if you have a Dynamic IP. Most ISPs who aren't Dial-Up are usually Static (always the same).

Tried to trace it's route and got a host name "cable-24-231-72-102.newharbour.dyn.personainc.net" so that is a dynamic IP. Who knows if it's still the same guy using it.

Haha As far as I know you have to apply for a static IP address, else your IP wil change or it will be hidden behind your proxy. If your realy realy getting shit you can trace it to a ISP and then you have to inform them of your troubles.

Good luck net hogs

CadalMord said:
Tried to trace it's route and got a host name "cable-24-231-72-102.newharbour.dyn.personainc.net" so that is a dynamic IP. Who knows if it's still the same guy using it.

I live in New Harbour so that is very correct. Well I know it's someone from new harbour! which is a small town so that will give me some ideas...

DeathPact said:
Haha As far as I know you have to apply for a static IP address, else your IP wil change or it will be hidden behind your proxy. If your realy realy getting shit you can trace it to a ISP and then you have to inform them of your troubles.

Good luck net hogs

Not neccessarily. Most ISPs (or at least here in the U.S.) are Static standardized.

Well, let's get to the root of this problem . . . How is this guy contacting you and what's he saying, AreYouDeadYet? If you don't mind me asking. (By the way I'm sorry, I need more information to nail this guy's ass to the wall . . . according to my studies that IP adress didn't even exist . . . I'll try to dig deeper . . .) :)

it was on a messageboard... just a conforums one... unfortunately, the posts have been deleted.. but I managed to get the IP address.. I know it's someone from new harbour... so that limits the possibilities... I have like 3 or 4 people in mind and I should be able to find it out if they post anything again... See new harbour is a REALLY small town with like 200-300 people maybe... And theres a lot of old people :loco: So i will figure it out ;)