How did you hear about VEHEMENCE?

SpeakUSAorDie

Milano Mosher
Sep 5, 2001
MegadetH ArizonA
Im just curious about those who are outside of AZ etc heard about Vehemence. I saw them play here in AZ with Morbid Angel and Deicide 11/26/01 but didnt really start listening to them til about a month ago when I bought GWC.

How'd everyone else hear about them?

Back in the good old days when AG was still running.. i got a song from somebody.... and it was great.
I looked forward `God Was Created` very much and for 3 weeks i have it now... :) kept listening it all day but couldnt finish the review.. hehe... am i lazy? ;)

I won't speak for myself as I am in arizona and got into them from the many shows I saw them in. I will say that I have been impressed with all my friends from various places in Michigan and Washington having got into them even before all the music magazine reviews that naturally pull more people in.

Good to you!

Originally posted by freakysean
I won't speak for myself as I am in arizona and got into them from the many shows I saw them in. I will say that I have been impressed with all my friends from various places in Michigan and Washington having got into them even before all the music magazine reviews that naturally pull more people in.

i heard about these guys way back in the day...i had a demo tape of them like 4 or 5 years ago, ivebeen seeing them on stage since they had their old guitarist and john was still in brides of christ.

I revieved a promo from Metal Blade. I instantly fell in love with their melodic yet brutal take on death metal, not to mention the incredibly disturbing lyrics! I have been playing them regularly during my radio show and the response has been positive so far......

Well, they're playing here today Friday, at the Pound with a bunch of other bands, and remember I was told they were here at UM, so I'm here to check it out!

Pretty cool. I will pick up their CDs if at all possible!

monkeyface.jpg

monkeyface!

Metal Judgment's review of the album. The pure excitement the reviewers had with the record led me to purchase it that afternoon. And from there, the record coalesced into an album beyond category, which is always a good thing.

Hey gang. I'll be the first to admit: I'm brand spanking new to Vehemence.

I subscribe to BW&BK, and a track called 'Made For Her Jesus' was included in the latest issue's CD sampler. It blew me away with its progressive death brutality, so I bought the latest (only?) album. Haven't fully digested it yet, but Vehemence is climbing my personal list of important death metal bands. Good stuff this.

thanks man, glad you are dig that song... As far as the review in BW&BK, well that sucked... But hey, at least the mag came with a sampler with our track on it, so the readers can judge for themselves. A lot of reviews are quick to label us as a "christ hating" band, joining the Deicide band wagon. Well, if those reviewers actually took the time to read the lyrics, they would discover that it is actually a story (concept album) of an extremely disturbed individual. And we are not about Satan... as the lyric says in the title track God Was Created, "I AM MY OWN SAVIOR!"

For the record, I never pay attention to *most* reviews. At this point, I listen to my own ears. It's either good or it ain't.

In honor of my discovering this forum, I grabbed the CD and began listening today for the first time. So far, holy fargin' shite...this is some AWESOME stuff. I think a lot of people take 1 look at the artwork and lyrical content and automatically pigeonhole you guys as brutal death metal and thus, write it off. I'm doing my part to change that (already convinced 1 bud to just buy the damned record). Hell, even I had no idea you guys were as talented as this.

Of course, now I'm pissed that I missed your 2 local shows (to me) w/ Decapitated, but next time...