How do you think this cab is?

Petrocker

Jan 20, 2008
Sweden
Ok, so I´m looking for an OK cab to use with my 5150 (mostly for rehearsal) and found this Ibanez TN412S cab used very cheap.

Specs:
* 4 x Celestion Vintage 30 speaker drivers
* 5/8 inch birch plywood provides durability and augments resonance
* Input jacks w/stereo/mono switch
* Separate left and right chambers eliminate acoustic interference
* 2-1/2 inch large heavy-duty pop-in casters
* Durable 1.5mm black nickel-plated carbon steel corners
* Ultra-durable cane net grill
* Dimensions: 778(W) x 750(H) x 366(D) mm // 31.0w x 31.5h x 14.5d inches
* Weight: 50 kg // 105lbs

Anyone tried one out?
Can get it used for about 500$ (cost 1300$ new in Sweden)

(And I can always pick away the logo :Smug: )
Cheers!

I would seriously doubt it's actually 105 lbs., though; that's probably the shipping weight - hardly matters, though...

Hmm, maybe - but what I'm more curious (and concerned) about is that split chamber pic - are they all like that, I wonder? Cuz the resonance of a big open cab is one of the appeals of getting a 4x12, that's like having two 2x12's (though it'll all resonate together, at least)...I'd check out the Line 6 Spider Valve 4x12 if I were you, it's another high-quality V30 cab that's cheap (probably because of Line 6's substantial Chinese manufacturing establishment)

EDIT: Yep, just checked, they all have that "split chamber" hooha, which no doubt explains the weight - I dunno man, it might be good, but it's the only cab that has that feature (that I know of, anyway), so it's an unknown variable that I wouldn't wanna deal with.

Yeah been thinkin about that. Kinda sux..
Anybody knows if any better amp-manufacturer does this?
Ive checked out the spider cab, its more promicing but a bit too expensive for my budget. Just bought new guitar. (Hate being a poor-ass-student :( )
Maybe the split chamber is modable? Maybe... saw it tha fuck open... :Smokedev:

Yeah been thinkin about that. Kinda sux..
Anybody knows if any better amp-manufacturer does this?
Ive checked out the spider cab, its more promicing but a bit too expensive for my budget. Just bought new guitar. (Hate being a poor-ass-student :( )
Maybe the split chamber is modable? Maybe... saw it tha fuck open... :Smokedev:

I'd go for this one if I were you and see how it works out. In case that split chamber thing sucks you can always decide to saw/grind it off, why not? :eek:

Just make sure you crack that thing open and check for real v30s if your grabbing this used.

just pop the handle off one side, and shine a flashlight in there...much easier than removing the entire back

i know the old mesa cabs had the top and bottom separated, the one i played with the top closed sounded as massive as any 4x12 i've ever heard tho