How Do?

Peghead

New Metal Member
Mar 9, 2010
Leeds, England
Good afternoon boys and girls,

I've just joined the forum today so though I may aswell introduce myself.

I'm 25 from Leeds, England and been into metal for about 6 years and been playing guitar for about 4. Currently playing a BC Rich Warlock NJ through a line6 SpiderIII 150W mounted on top of a Marshall cab. Not the greatest set up in the world but can certainly annoy the neighbors :headbang:

I've just quit the band i've been playing in for the last 1 and a half years, partly because the Leeds Metal scene is on it's arse (at least for unknown and unsigned bands) and partly because i've outgrown the skills of the other band members.

I'm currently saving for a Schecter C-7 FR Hellraiser in the hope of writing heavier stuff and I'm hoping to maybe get in touch with other musicians in my area that want a serious crack at making music to get noticed :heh:

My favourite bands are: Metallica (the obvious one!), Lamb of God, Parkway Drive, August Burns Red, The Acacia Strain, Whitechapel, Misery Signals, As I Lay Dying, Nile, Impending Doom, Salt The Wound, Job for a Cowboy...

Having played local gigs for the last year i've come to realise that you don't have to see big bands to see real talent and emotion and have had the pleasure of not only playing with, but experiencing some awesome music from unsigned or upcoming bands such as: Surfaces (Brightons' best - you WILL have heard of these at some point in the future, the most talented and enthusistic band I think i've ever seen!!), This Day Will Dawn, Force Fed The Sick, Eleventh Apparition, Downfall, Crossfire, Lithurgy, Skinless Battalion, Delerium Theory... I could go on but the list is endless!

Really looking forward to Download Festival this year, I don't think the line-up is that great but it's always a good laugh! :kickass:

Anyway i'll stop talking now at the risk of waffling.

So, great to be onboard and all that jazz...

Peghead :loco: