How does this sound?

Woppah

Mar 12, 2012
Hey being lurking for a while and decided it was time to join and contribute!
Just finished mixing this on my new monitors and don't have anything else to reference it with, its a bit muddy I think, what you think?

Last edited by a moderator:
You're right when you say it is a bit muddy! But the guitars sound pretty good, especially at the section at 0:35. The drums feel a bit lifeless at the moment, I would try and a bit more to the bass drum, a bit more thud. Other than that I like it. :)

In the beginning the cymbals are loud, i would prefer to lower down my room mics or cymbal mics or maybe try to pitch them up, drums are bit low, i always try my kick drum sound more straight " IN YOUR FACE " kind of thing, try playing with 4 band eq on kick, thats how i get mine, the guitars in Updated version are really better then first one, i really like it man , i am not pro :D, even i just started right now, but the song is pretty clear , and more thing about bass guitar, have u recorded it ? i can't hear it or is it low ?

I usually go for the in your face kick! was trying to have it bit lower on this but still good and audible, still a rough demo for now waiting to have all the tracks off the ep done then sending the guitars off to get re-amped cant wait for that!
There is a bit of bass there, good few mistakes in it so its just well down.