How important are lyrics to you?

• Very Important

Votes: 15 22.1%
  • Somewhat Important

Votes: 43 63.2%
  • Not Important

Votes: 10 14.7%

• Total voters
Lyrics are sort of Important that are sort of important to me, they are a few bands that are good musically that I wont listen to because of there lyrics.

It depeneds. Poor, comprehendable lyrics can destroy good music. Poor uncomprehendable lyrics (ie most metal lyrics) are easy to ignore and therefore have little impact on the overall musical experience. Good lyrics improve pretty much any music.

for bad lyrics try some Accept "we're gonna put a bomb in everyones ass" "you got your balls to the wall"

crimsonfloyd said:
It depeneds. Poor, comprehendable lyrics can destroy good music. Poor uncomprehendable lyrics (ie most metal lyrics) are easy to ignore and therefore have little impact on the overall musical experience. Good lyrics improve pretty much any music.

I feel the same way. Plenty of bands I can enjoy on the merits of the music alone, but the right lyrics can go a long way. They don't necessarily have to be intelligent or agreeable in content; they can still be powerful. Obviously it's a little more effective when the vocals are clean and decipherable, as opposed to a band like, say, Demilich. But Death, Vader, Napalm Death, and other more extreme acts have made effective use of words in spite of a harsh vocal style.

I would listen to Arghoslent but their guitar melodies go against my ideals.

They are moderately important. I don't pay all that much attention to the lyrics, and don't have all the lyrics to any song completely memorized. However, I will not listen to a band where the vast majority of the lyrics deal with relationships/girls/love.

Not important. I mean Sodom's "In the Sign of Evil" kicks ass, but the lyrics are funny as hell. I agree with Life Sucks, I can't stand lyrics that deal with relationships/girls/love. Now, in some very rare occasions those lyrics can work (Pantera's "This Love" for example) but most of the time those kind of lyrics are terrible.

what about these lyrics "you see me playing guitar, and you feel what my fingers can do, and you wish you were the one, I was doin it to"