How many of you havent seen Opeth LIVE YET...!!!!

waz416c

New Metal Member
Apr 19, 2005
I have twice...but jsut htought we'd find out how many baorders here havent been able to witenss teh guys live....!!!!.......PEAC EOUT

Yeah, I haven't! The closest anyone plays to here is like... Bristol... and that is still a day of travelling on buses, and on top of that not having any money.

I need to see them so badly. I misssed out when they came (to the UK) recently, because people wouldn't want to go with me, and they were playing quite far away. I might be able to get my girlfriend to come next time.

I've seen them and they're amazing live. Definitely check them out if you get the chance.

I've seen them twice...

I have a question for all of you... has anyone ever notcied that the beginning of the first song gets of to a rocky start???

Last time i saw them the sound during Baying of the Hounds was atrocious... it wasnt their playing that was bad... and even they were looking around with a face like "hmmm, something isnt right here"... luckily after like 2 minutes the soun d was fixed and everything was perfect and balanced...

previous to that show I checkedf them out at SOTU...And they opened with Deliverance... and man did the drummer fuck up right at the beginning... it was VERY audible...however, once again, after like the first 2 minutes the rest of the show was flawless...

I was just wondering if anyone else has experienced a rocky start since it happened to me twice in a row... I must also add that right after the first 2 minutes the rest of the shows were played 100% flawlessly... and needless to say they were the best live performances I have ever seen

I think they noticed you in the crowd right as they started playing and it took them a little while to regain their composure. Way to go. You better stop going to Opeth shows.

^^^ Correct. Ghost Of Perdition was first, and it was far from perfect, especially in the first couple of minutes. But I assumed it was because Mike was sick...
And, TBH, Opeths sound engineer did a relatively shitty-assed job at the gig I went to.

affinityband said:
Its because the sound enginneer needs to figure out how to get all the levels correct. Because even at soundcheck the sound will be totally different because the sound isnt being sucked up by about 800 people.

Exactly... this is a fact. a sad one though. :(

vampyrouss, shame you missed the band at Exeter 'Lemon Grove,' the town was buzzing after that one, hehe.

Yeah, Exeter gets some good shows I suppose, but I never knew they played there... now I'm even more depressed about not seeing them! :(

Gives me hope for the future though!

vampyrouss said:
Yeah, Exeter gets some good shows I suppose, but I never knew they played there... now I'm even more depressed about not seeing them! :(

Gives me hope for the future though!

Sorry M8 but to make it worse I travelled down from Bristol to see them, A bit sad that they didn't play in Bristol, ever. :(

I would have discovered them earlier.

dcat said:
Sorry M8 but to make it worse I travelled down from Bristol to see them, A bit sad that they didn't play in Bristol, ever. :(

I would have discovered them earlier.

Really? Thats strange!! You'd think they'd play Bristol over Exeter!
Last time I went to Bristol to see a band they cancelled :erk:
But I wouldn't mind travelling to either to see Opeth!!