How many people like Helmet?

How many people like Helmet?

• Yes

Votes: 9 81.8%
  • No

Votes: 2 18.2%

• Total voters
Hey folks, I'm bored!

What do you guys and gals think about Helmet? Page Hamilton has a bad ass guitar sound. I know Scotts a fan of the Meantime album, anybody have a thought?

Cheerz!

AugDawg

If it wasn't for helmet, I'd don't think as many bands would have picked up on playing in Dropped D. They were doing it long before Alice in Chains and Soundgarden. In the Meantime and Betty are some heavy displays of riffing.

They were my second favorite band for a while, but they really didn't put much of a discography together, in retrospect. Probably one of the most influential bands ever, but kind of faded fast with Betty and Aftertaste.

I think the coolest thing about them, however, was their image. While just about every metal band seemed to be obsessed with having long hair, tattoos, etc., the guys in Helmet just looked like four normal looking guys. And no one could label them as sell outs, since they played very heavy music. In reality, it was an ingenious way to differentiate themselves in the genre, when just about every other metal band portrayed a completely different, and sometimes fake, image.

Originally posted by Johnny Ace
If it wasn't for helmet, I'd don't think as many bands would have picked up on playing in Dropped D. They were doing it long before Alice in Chains and Soundgarden. In the Meantime and Betty are some heavy displays of riffing.
What about the Melvins, they were tuning in drop D way before Helmet.

Originally posted by HotRodFlamedJJ2
What about the Melvins, they were tuning in drop D way before Helmet.

I love the Melvins, I've seen em twice in the last two years! Great live band, with powerful riffs! Favorite album by them is currently "The Maggot".

Cheerz!

AugDawg

I never really got into Helmet back when they were popular but I listened to Meantime a little while back and really liked it. I was very closed minded to anything but Thrash back then I guess.