How many times have you seen OPETH and when was it?

SpeakUSAorDie

Milano Mosher
Sep 5, 2001
MegadetH ArizonA
I only saw Opeth once, but it was the show of my life, here's my review:
[writen May 17th, 2001]

Mason Jar: May 17th in AZ

God Forbid, Opeth, and Nevermore ALL were bad ass. God Forbid was 1st(Good stage pressence and kick ass music). Angel Dust was 2nd and I didnt care much for them, the music is almost comparable to Nevermore's but lacking that extra EDGE. 3rd was the band I paid to see..Opeth!! They truely now how to play. They sounded excellent, very much like on their studio releases. Mikael's death growl was in place and the drummer has some amazing double bass. The guitar work is also very impressive.

Setlist:
White Cluster
Drapery Falls
Advent
Under The Weeping Moon
April Ethereal
Demon Of The Fall

They did play the whole song, instead of cutting them in half which I previously thought they would do. I think there were a few other riffs from some other songs, but those were the noticable "complete" songs..Truely an awesome experience. Opeth truely ruled the stage!

Next was NEVERMORE!
This was my very first Nevermore experience. They are VERY talented, I usually don't care for the Halford-esque power vocals, but they did put on a great show, the singer ranted a bit about how their new video will never be seen on TV because he doesn't rap like a whiney little bitch. I thought that was hillarious and it got the crowd going. Only a few pits broke during the faster songs, I was always in the middle of them getting my excercise.. The guitarists are brilliant and their drummer was also dead on. I cant name too many of the songs because of my lack of Nevermore knowledge but they did play Evolution 169, Dead Heart in a Dead World, No More Will, Believe in Nothing, Inside Four Walls, and I think The Learning, they also played the intro to South Of Heaven(SLAYER!!!!!) GOOD FN SHOW!! HAIL METAL!!!!!

I saw them twice at the Worcester Palladium in Mass 2001.

Where the hells the 'avatar change' thread?! :err:

i´ve seen them 3 times last year. :headbang:

1. Burgum/NL - Waldrock Festival
2. Wacken Open Air
3. Opeth/Katatonia/Novembre - Frankfurt

all three gigs have been amazing. :worship:

We've played with them a few times, and I guess i've been lucky enough to not only see them perform many times, but had the rare opportunity to see the full sound checks. Opeth in a empty room, is quite amazing.

Photo: Opeth and Novembers Doom backstage at the House of Blues in Chicago.

NDOPETH_jpg.jpg

http://www.novembersdoom.com/images/sight/hob/images/NDOPETH_jpg.jpg

seen them twice..
quart, 2001
2000 decibel, 2002

both shows were too short, but i guess thats what you get at a festival. great shows though

2 times:

21 nov 2001 - milan [with katatonia + novembre]
14 jul 2002 - dynamo o. a.

ask redblueeyes how many times she saw them... i think they're too many!!!!!!

None. :(

I missed them when they came around here early last year. I believe they played in Charlotte twice and surrounding cities a few times. I probably could have seen them 4 or 5 times, but it was a bad time for me. Hopefully, they'll tour the US again when the new albums come out. I'll definitely try to see them more than once. :D

3 times....

Milwaukee Metalfest (their first show in the US!) June 29, 2000
Metal Meltdown (their 2nd show in the US!) April 6(I think) 2001
The Pound in San Francisco May 18 2001 - This was the BEST show I saw them play....the sound was killer!

I don't know if Opeth have ever come to Los Angeles but I hope they do next time around. I have not had an oppurtunity to go see them and I hope to see them when they release their new album. Does anyone know if they are a supporting act or a headlining act this next tour?

Originally posted by Ibsen
I don't know if Opeth have ever come to Los Angeles but I hope they do next time around. I have not had an oppurtunity to go see them and I hope to see them when they release their new album. Does anyone know if they are a supporting act or a headlining act this next tour?

ya, they played in hollywood, at the Key Club. it was the one with nevermore and friends.