how much has the merch been at shows?

sweet majestic darkness said:
The only reason I think $30 is rediculous is because the shirt I bought on the net, same as one of them they were selling, I got for $16.99 plus shipping. Kinda strange don't ya think?!?

just wondering, which site did you order off of? i'm currently looking at www.razamataz.com and i'm not sure if they're charging by euro or pounds. i'd really like to get my hands on a decently priced opeth girlshirt.

At sounds of the underground shirts were $30 and when they came back in october shirts were $40 and Zipper Hoodie was $70!!! (These are Canadian Dollars).

Last night in Philly most of the shirts were $30 I believe. Nevermore short sleeves were $30 and the long sleeve NMs were $35. I didn't see the hoodies (I'm probably blind) so I dunno about them.

vashts80 said:
Last night in Philly most of the shirts were $30 I believe. Nevermore short sleeves were $30 and the long sleeve NMs were $35. I didn't see the hoodies (I'm probably blind) so I dunno about them.

I was there last night also. I got one of the GR zip-up hoodies. It was $55. Considering a lot of hoodies can run $50 in stores (I'm not just talking about band hoodies but ones you buy in department stores or at malls in stores like pacific sunwear and such...), $55 wasn't too overpriced...although it was still a lot of money to spend. I also got a wristband which was $7...a slight bit overpriced but not bad. Either way the stuff was cool and it supports the band so it is all good as far as I am concerned. I also stashed away some money from my last couple of paychecks just so I could get some shit at the concert...so I had like money set aside as "Opeth" money.

screammydarling said:
just wondering, which site did you order off of? i'm currently looking at www.razamataz.com and i'm not sure if they're charging by euro or pounds. i'd really like to get my hands on a decently priced opeth girlshirt.
www.fearshop.com is where I get a lot of my band girley shirts. But they did have some at the show taht didn't have just the gold Opeth logo. They had some Ghost Reveries girley shirts that had the album cover on them, and I think two other styles. i looked at hoodies but didn't want to spend $55 on one.

sweet majestic darkness said:
www.fearshop.com is where I get a lot of my band girley shirts. But they did have some at the show taht didn't have just the gold Opeth logo. They had some Ghost Reveries girley shirts that had the album cover on them, and I think two other styles. i looked at hoodies but didn't want to spend $55 on one.

thanks =] i basically looked at almost all of the online merch stores and have come to the conclusion that both www.razamataz.com and www.backstreetmerch.com have the best selection for girl shirts.

i believe i only saw one girl shirt last friday at the show. "ghost reveries" on the front and and the album cover on the back? that was for $40. i might be wrong but the other styled t-shirts were guy sizes. i ignored that and got the zippered hoodie for $65 instead.

uh, geez...
i got my girlie @ the show for 30... which is stupid, but 40?!?!
shit.
oh, and they run pretty small--i am by no means large, but had to get a large to over the boobs.
:)

T-Rat said:
uh, geez...
i got my girlie @ the show for 30... which is stupid, but 40?!?!
shit.
oh, and they run pretty small--i am by no means large, but had to get a large to over the boobs.
:)

yep. 40 big ones, cdn of course. i sorta regret not getting the girlie, but i only had enough money for either the hoodie or girlshirt. luckily i got the guys GR shirt at sounds.

When I met Peter last night, he noticed a kid we were with had an Opeth dog tag. He asked what it was and examined it for a little while before saying, "I've never even seen those before." When we told him about the seemingly high prices for everything, he said that American venues charge 30%-40% of the merchandise. He said he wasn't used to it since European venues don't do that.

T-Rat said:
^^aaahhh, canadian... i get it...
my shirt at porcupine tree was 25, and i like opeth at least 5 dollars better than PT :)

haha..i hear you.
it's a shame i missed PT this summer. i totally forgot about it =[
i heard they had a really long set too.