How much of a gyp is this?

Goreripper

Metal as fuck
Aug 24, 2001
Blue Mountains, Australia
myspace.com
During my weekly radio show, I always play at least one 80s metal track. Sometimes more, but the focus is on new stuff and Oz metal, so often there isn't time to play more than one. Last night I decided to play Ozzy's "Over the Mountain" from a cheapo compilation called 'Metal Meltdown' that Xena has. I've played Priest's "Turbo Lover" and "Can't Live Without You" by the Scorpions (listed as "Can't Live Without Your Love" on the CD) from it before, so I didn't expect there to be any hassles. Imagine my surprise when, midway through Randy's solo the song started fading out! I was fucking speechless. Anyway, I went on with show and during the next bunch of songs I thought I'd check out rest of this poxy album. Looking at the track time for a couple of other songs, I figured they must be faded too, and sure enough, after 3:34, "The Number of the Beast" fades out! "Whole Lotta Rosie" starts to fade after 3:20! What the fuck is this shit? Any song over 4 minutes long was faded out during the guitar break! How ripped off did I feel, and it's not even my CD! Whoever marketed this travesty should have been shot. It's an absolute fucking rip off!

My brother has than on tape, unless he's thrown it out, and yes, you are correct. It's very, very annoying, although I must admit I've never played it on a radio show, so I was never quite as annoyed as you must have been.

They could only afford a certain number of notes per song, once those bloody guitarists start the solos its all over.

Maybe they just thought metal fans are just too boneheaded to notice.
mad.gif