How to make Cubase to act like Reaper?

Laozen

Nov 19, 2009
Finland
Is it possible to make Cubase more like Reaper? It would be easier to use zooming with scroll wheel etc. And when stopping and playing again, I want to start from the beginning, just like in Reaper.

Or just remember these simple short cuts press the "del/." key on the number pad to go to the beginning of the track and to zoom in simply use the bottom right zoom fader in the project window or left click the ruler along the top, hold it down and pull down to zoom in and out.

Personally it would annoy the shit out of me that every time I pressed stop it went back to the beginning of a track.

Look through File > Preferences. It is VERY customisable you will be able to achieve what you want.

In Cubase 5 you can hold down CTRL and use the scroll wheel to zoom.

It would annoy me if it did it all the time.

To go back to the beginning I just use the . or period key.

What really helped me was I spent the $20 or so and go the hot key stickers for my keyboard. The dedicated keyboards were just too expensive for me and I wanted a wireless one as well.

Both Reaper and Cubase are very customizable. I still think Cubase has an edge over Reaper with the Scoring, Control Room, and other things.

Now if I could just figure out how to get Cubase to do Tab to Transient like Pro Tools.

In Cubase 5 you can hold down CTRL and use the scroll wheel to zoom.

It would annoy me if it did it all the time.

To go back to the beginning I just use the . or period key.

What really helped me was I spent the $20 or so and go the hot key stickers for my keyboard. The dedicated keyboards were just too expensive for me and I wanted a wireless one as well.

Both Reaper and Cubase are very customizable. I still think Cubase has an edge over Reaper with the Scoring, Control Room, and other things.

Now if I could just figure out how to get Cubase to do Tab to Transient like Pro Tools.

I'm pretty sure holding ctrl and using the scroll wheel makes the project move left and right and holding shift and scrolling makes the project go up and down by default.

I could be wrong though. Can't test it out at the minute.

Haha this left me scratching my head. Usually people are trying to get reaper to act like other DAWs because of its flexible customizatio, not the other way around.

kinda funny haha i want reaper's count in to behave like cubases because i hate how it count's in but runs the tempo of the previous two bars then changes so your not prepared for the next tempo and it throws everyone off -_-

I know the question sounds funny. I have used only Reaper before and got used to it. Now I have chance to do my things in real studio and it has Cubase. I think that zooming with wheel is very useful when editing etc. But thanks for advice. I try those.

BIG +1 to shift + scroll for horizontal movement, and g/h for zooming in and out. So easy to fly around the session using those.

man you go to a 'real studio' and they make you use Cubase? Where's the assistant?

If you're comfortable with REAPER then bring it with you. Make a portable version with all you settings and run it off a USB stick, or your firewire hard drive.

The studio would probably appreciate you not changing all their key commands.

I'm pretty sure holding ctrl and using the scroll wheel makes the project move left and right and holding shift and scrolling makes the project go up and down by default.

I could be wrong though. Can't test it out at the minute.

Well double check. Cubase 5.5.0 that was one of the new features. CTRL-Scroll to zoom in horizontally. SHIFT-Scroll is Horizontal scroll. Scroll on its own is Vertical Scroll.

I had all weekend of editing and tracking to double check :loco: