HOW TO MAKE OPETH GIGS UNdErAGe

jade

Nov 23, 2002
By The Concrete Lake
Visit site
Ive been speaking to some of the people holding the gigs and they rekon if u want to make it an underage gig. Get ALLLL ur fuckign mates to spam Scorpion Entertainment

scorp@merlin.net.au

Anyone out there who could imagine what it feels like to miss out on seeing opeth live HElp out uus youngins and emial those fuckers!

Just write sumthing like Plz PLz Plz make the gig under 18 and ull have like 1000 more ppl going

anyways cheers everyone

I emailed them even though im not in au :)

One thing though, I dont know about the laws in au, but if its not possible to make it both all ages and alcohol drinks (like with drink bracelts with for people 21+) then I dont thnk it'll ever happen

With making the venue all ages, they will prolly get 100+ more fans but not be able to sell any drinks, which they make most of their money

theres always gigs here that dont allow underaged peasants such as yourself to get in but no one takes notice, i saw Katatonia a few years ago when i was 15 and looked more like 13, and i still got in even though it was over 18's only. its not a big thing, buy a ticket, make a fuss at the door if they stop you, which they wont...

Yes twice, when I went to see In Flames, and then Opeth, it was an over 18's venue I think, they kicked up a bit of a fuss but of course let me in.

it might be really strict in oz but if its anything like the UK then if your 10 or over you have nothing to worry about, maybe a bit of an exageration but seriously i see plenty of tiny kids at gigs and i've been going to 18+ gigs since 14 and never had any trouble

Originally posted by jade
Ive been speaking to some of the people holding the gigs and they rekon if u want to make it an underage gig. Get ALLLL ur fuckign mates to spam Scorpion Entertainment

scorp@merlin.net.au

Anyone out there who could imagine what it feels like to miss out on seeing opeth live HElp out uus youngins and emial those fuckers!

Just write sumthing like Plz PLz Plz make the gig under 18 and ull have like 1000 more ppl going

anyways cheers everyone

It isn't that easy... I pretty much went through this on another thread about the Australian tour, this is what I wrote:

It's not up to the band as to whether they play any 18+ shows or not; they may request it (although not many touring bands do), but in the end it's up to the promoter to decide whether there's going to be any all-ages/underage shows. It's difficult to convince a place like The Corner to put on an underage gig, as most of their profit from live gigs comes from alcohol, which just wouldn't be the case at an underage gig. And nowadays it's hard to find other venues willing to do all-ages gigs (can't do all-ages gigs in licensed venues anymore), and at a lot of these places (halls, whatever) the PA systems are shithouse, unless you're at Festival Hall or something, but that venue is far too big for Opeth.

Maybe the promoters think it just isn't worth the trouble to do an underage gig, maybe they think there aren't many underage fans out there.

Personally I'd much prefer to see Opeth at the Hi-Fi than at The Corner, but fuck, I can't complain.

Good luck for the emailing campaign though, heh.

The show in Worcester, MA was all ages - with those who could drink wearing a wristband. That's how I could bring my 17 year old daughter and her friend.