How VOLBEAT Ended Up Using HARLEM GOSPEL CHOIR On 'Goodbye Forever' Song

MetalAges

Purveyor of the Unique & Distinct
Staff member
Sep 30, 2001
Virginia, USA
www.ultimatemetal.com
Danish/American rock 'n' rollers VOLBEAT have uploaded a two-minute video clip in which guitarist/vocalist Michael Poulsen, drummer Jon Larsen and guitarist Rob Caggiano talk about their decision to work with the the Harlem Gospel Choir on the song "Goodbye Forever" on their new album, "Seal The Deal & Let's Boogie". Caggiano previously told Metal Hammer about "Goodbye Forever": "This song features the Harlem Gospel Choir and it's the first time the band has done anything like that, but it's still a straight-up VOLBEAT song. It almost has a — dare I say it — MUMFORD & SONS kind of vibe to it. I was definitely a late bloomer on that band and I didn't like them for a while — I think I even tweeted once about how all their songs sound like 'Dukes Of Hazard' car chases. But now I actually think they're amazing and I love everything that they do. Michael is really into them as well, so I think they might have rubbed off on us a little bit on this song." "Seal The Deal & Let's Boogie" was released on June 3 via Republic Records. VOLBEAT spent most of the summer in Europe, returning this month for SEETHER's Rise Above festival in Maine on August 6, the Heavy Montreal event on August 7, and an opening slot for METALLICA at the U.S. Bank Stadium in Minneapolis on August 20. VOLBEAT recently announced the addition of bassist Kaspar Boye Larsen to the group's ranks.

Continue reading...