How were Iced Earth at Wacken?

Patience. :)

Oh man, you mean I'll be reading something after Maiden play Wacken? :loco:

Bad, because Barlow isn't there.

I think the world needs to give up on that now. IE in their present line up is as good as it's gonna get.

By the way, Pyramaze material with Barlow will sound....odd. He's too harsh a singer, so I'm curious as to what the new Pyramaze material will sound like.

Awesome. The stage show was beyond spectacular. Lights, flames, etc. Sound was phenomenal. Ripper was phenomenal. More to follow...

Zod

I don't even have to ask how well "Ten Thousand Strong" went over. I know that is a song meant to be played live in front of, er, 10,000 people. Or more.

I think the world needs to give up on that now. IE in their present line up is as good as it's gonna get.
I know even understand the knock on Ripper, other than he's not Barlow. It isn't like Jon kicked Matt out. Matt left. Ripper is a phenomenal talent. And even though I'm the biggest Barlow fan boy on the planet, I just don't get why people slag Ripper.

By the way, Pyramaze material with Barlow will sound....odd. He's too harsh a singer, so I'm curious as to what the new Pyramaze material will sound like.
Well, the old material definitely won't sound the same. However, the guy who wrote all the material claims the way he pictured the songs was with much harsher vocals. For a band as small as Pyramaze, they've been able to rope in two amazing singers.

Zod

how's about the pics and full report from Slovenia? are we getting it after Italians buy up all the real estate in the country? :loco:

Man, even I am waiting for the pics. They're on someone else's camera and he just got back from his honeymoon.

Right then....

ICED EARTH - A Charge to Keep [Wacken 2007]
<- TV quality

ICED EARTH - Ten Thousand Strong [Wacken 2007]
<- handheld

ICED EARTH - The Hunter [Wacken 2007] <- handheld (wot, no lead guitars? Those sound guys should be shot)

Yeh you're right, i just have a serious gripe against ripper. I have always prefered Barlow's singing to ripper's especially after hearing the new version of the coming curse :puke: But that could come down the Jon mostly i think.

Watch the youtube videos I just posted. If you're a fan of Ripper then there's no doubting he can nail the songs. However, if you simply don't like his style either way, then yeah, there's no hope.

I sometimes feel sorry for Barlow. IMO he's a good vocalist, but he's always having to live in the shadow of others as a "stand in". That said, he's lucky to be where he is anyway, so he can't complain.