How's My Mix?

joelplagues

Jan 11, 2009
Brisbane, Australia
www.myspace.com
Pan the cymbals to the middle a little, it drives me nuts when i only hear the crash on the far right. (I am guilty of this myself at times, but i always mix my crash fairly low in the mix)
Other than that it sounds kind of tinny, cut some mid and some add some low end to the guitars. Perhaps the bass will make the low end sound better. Not sure what you are going after.
For the guitar solo at the end id use an entirely different tone, something smooth and sweet, that should bring it out of the mix better.

I like the ending, nice acoustic guitar!

good man, please, add bass!!!!
what kick/snare samples did you use?

It's a Colin Richardson kick sample and snare was sent to me via user Dandelium(if memory serves me well)

Pan the cymbals to the middle a little, it drives me nuts when i only hear the crash on the far right. (I am guilty of this myself at times, but i always mix my crash fairly low in the mix)
Other than that it sounds kind of tinny, cut some mid and some add some low end to the guitars. Perhaps the bass will make the low end sound better. Not sure what you are going after.
For the guitar solo at the end id use an entirely different tone, something smooth and sweet, that should bring it out of the mix better.

I like the ending, nice acoustic guitar!

Thanks for the tips I'll take them into consideration.and yes bass would make the low end sound heaps better but I dont have a bass and my attempts at doing ghetto bass have failed. I have tab if anyone would be nice enough to do it?

yeah the acoustic turned out pretty well I must agree

Guitars sound too middy, maybe you should cut some mid freqs.

I'll do another mix soon and keep your suggestion in mind

thanks