Hows the label searching coming along?

Black Tears

Still in the Dark
Sep 27, 2003
Naples
Have you guys found anyone thats interested in releasing your next album, or are you perhaps interested in having a particular label release your stuff? :)

Now we are working on the demo. It will be sent away quite soon to several labels and I hope we'll get something. I have some good "answers" from several quite well known labels:))
Cheers

Kinda new round here but iv been a fan of Forest stream since the seasons demo and i gotta say that im not a huge fan of death metal but I learned that you can not like FS good stuff ... good stuff... so yea good luck with the lable searching

One of those labels had better find the wisdom to take a band like Forest Stream. I'm ever so tired of impatiently waiting for the new album...

First demo or new CD and then a label. Nowadays 90% of labels aren't interested in what a band offers... the only thing which defines all is they way you sound. Indeed, who needs music with a average recording quality when there are plenty of bands with an EXTREMELY GOOD SOUND? Doesn't it all remind you Chineese cars? They are many, they are good looking, they are cheap... and they are CRAP. But one "-" always fails against 3 "+" again, because nowadays everything wins becasue of the QUANTITY but not QUALITY. Fucking market, what do I want? I am not gonna say "it's only my opinion" coz I am sick of so-called tolerance and all that kind of shit... Instead I am gonna quote a couple of lines from the recent Emeror's interview for Terrorizer - "There was a void in black metal scene since our split" (c) Ihsahn. And I fully AGREE with him...

Sonm said:
First demo or new CD and then a label. Nowadays 90% of labels aren't interested in what a band offers... the only thing which defines all is they way you sound. Indeed, who needs music with a average recording quality when there are plenty of bands with an EXTREMELY GOOD SOUND? Doesn't it all remind you Chineese cars? They are many, they are good looking, they are cheap... and they are CRAP. But one "-" always fails against 3 "+" again, because nowadays everything wins becasue of the QUANTITY but not QUALITY.
That's certainly true with a lot of major labels these days, especially here in the United States where most of the bands that get signed are metal-core crap. Even so, it's hard to believe that the decent labels are not jumping at the chance to sign an established band like Forest Stream. Production is really a matter of taste, and it doesn't bother me if the music is quality.

Good luck with the searching; hope all goes well.

We have several offers so far... But the demo will bring the last word... April...
April will be the final countdown!!

Nice. Well im glad things are looking up for you guys, but remember to keep us posted on whats going on cause were all REALLY eager to hear the new album.

Any luck yet guys? I havent posted on here for ages and nothing new seems to be happening.
How about a label like Candlelight or osmose productions, maybe even supernal music in the uk which deals with drudkh, they would be good if you havent tried them already. I really want to hear the new album especially with real drums. Good luck with it!
Tom

Hey, it's past April! What's the verdict?

Yeah I get pissed at labels too. I send some demo tracks from the demo and one promo track to a label, and the demo sounds so much more "kvlt" than the new promo recordings. Anyway the only thing I hear back from the label is "well the quality is good but the production is pretty bad!" or something like that. Well HELLO, its a friggin' demo recorded in my bedroom. :)

Let us know some of the labels you're considering so we can help pick one!