How's this for a heavy Marshall sound?

Tym_ex

Tymon
Dec 30, 2005
The Netherlands
www.exivious.net
Hey guys,

While I'm not really into heavy Marshall sounds I had the opportunity to borrow a friend's Marshall preamp for some time. It's a 9000 series preamp, don't know any details.

I went for a Gorefest like sound, what do you think? I think it turned out descent but I'm by no means a Marshall expert :)

Chain: Agile guitar > Ibanez TS-9 > Marshall preamp > Presonus Firepod > Revalver MKII with poweramp and cab sim.

http://student-kmt.hku.nl/~tymon/mp3/Tymon - Goreshall.mp3

Sounds really good. Convincing (Don't know how to spell it). I'm also impressed by the snare... I really need a new snare sound... what is it?

i had dreams of this snare last night. we went for a walk on the beach, held hands, and went to Vegas to get married. then I woke up to my crappy snare samples.

Hey guys,

While I'm not really into heavy Marshall sounds I had the opportunity to borrow a friend's Marshall preamp for some time. It's a 9000 series preamp, don't know any details.

I went for a Gorefest like sound, what do you think? I think it turned out descent but I'm by no means a Marshall expert :)

Chain: Agile guitar > Ibanez TS-9 > Marshall preamp > Presonus Firepod > Revalver MKII with poweramp and cab sim.

http://student-kmt.hku.nl/~tymon/mp3/Tymon%20-%20Goreshall.mp3

:OMG:that's a Marshall?! Oh wait hold on, I see you're using a Ibanez TS-9. What settings did you have that pedal on? and on the Marshall Preamp.
I've played a Marshall Mode 4 which sounds god awful, only sounded useable when using a TS-9 with it. But I've also played through a Marshall TSL100 with a TS-9. That sounded reasonable. But I have never heard one as good as that.

:OMG:that's a Marshall?! Oh wait hold on, I see you're using a Ibanez TS-9. What settings did you have that pedal on? and on the Marshall Preamp.

Yeah the TS-9 was definitely needed to give some edge and power to the sound. And some definition in the attack.

Man, you need to finish this song, it sounds fucking awesome.

Thnx :) But it's just a song from Gorefest, it's called For The Masses and is on their La Muerte album.