Hows this sounding? - F# Tuned :D

muckypup1

Sinister Haven \m/
Jul 13, 2009
UK, Islington
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3163522/Fuck Shit Up - 8 String sample.mp3

Its just a short clip of some riffs and ideas for my instrumental groove metal project - Fuck Shit Up :D

I had my guitar tuned down to F#, the bass was my guitar in the same tuning, but pitch shifted a octave down, and the drums were mainly from Behindert's sample pack.

Let me know what you think of the sound! The drums are rough, and on the finished actual songs, I will probably be using a real bass, but I think this sounds pretty good :D

Also, if you want to be involved in this groove metal project, just hit me up at MSN - Muckypup1@gmail.com

I'm looking for shredders who want to show off their fucking chops:lol:

I really like the riffs (except the last progression, to be honest) and the overall feel, but the cymbals are pretty distracting for me. I should probably mention I'm listening with AKG 44 headphones. By the way, I'd like to do some jamming but I might not be what you're after because I'm definitely not a shredder.

I really like the riffs (except the last progression, to be honest) and the overall feel, but the cymbals are pretty distracting for me. I should probably mention I'm listening with AKG 44 headphones. By the way, I'd like to do some jamming but I might not be what you're after because I'm definitely not a shredder.

The drums are not the best, I'm really not happy with the cymbals.

The riffs are rough, I made them up as I recorded it :D So the finished songs should be much better and more structured, this is just a sample.

Also, I'm not just looking for shredders, just people who can solo :headbang:

guitar sounds awesome, cymbals are too loud, what gauge did you use in F#?

Guitars sound cool! The drums are not my cup of tea but I'm sure you'll develop them into something much better if you just devote some time to it. The drums seem to be cutting themselves though. When one cymbals is playing and another is fired, it sounds like the previous just cuts off which makes it sound waaaay too mechanical :)

I think your tone is great. :headbang: this stuff is definitely workable. You'll need better riffs though.

What are you using for cymbals? Doesn't sound too good...

Guitars sound cool! The drums are not my cup of tea but I'm sure you'll develop them into something much better if you just devote some time to it. The drums seem to be cutting themselves though. When one cymbals is playing and another is fired, it sounds like the previous just cuts off which makes it sound waaaay too mechanical :)

I hate the cymbals :D I used some raw cymbal samples i found on here, but i'm planning on trying to make this sound pretty good, and adding some better riffs :D And something went wrong when I rendered the drum track with the cymbals, it cut them off to quick in certain places.

Hey man, I got an invite from you for msn and myspace but when I try to accept/add, nothing happens... just wanted to let you know that I wasn't ignoring your requests. This message is probably outdated because I think the requests might have been from a while ago and I've been meaning to say something since I found out. Also, did you send me a track called "kicking your face/head in"? If so, I feel like a dick because I think you were wanting me to throw down some guitar work and I've completely spaced it out, sorry dude.

Hey man, I got an invite from you for msn and myspace but when I try to accept/add, nothing happens... just wanted to let you know that I wasn't ignoring your requests. This message is probably outdated because I think the requests might have been from a while ago and I've been meaning to say something since I found out. Also, did you send me a track called "kicking your face/head in"? If so, I feel like a dick because I think you were wanting me to throw down some guitar work and I've completely spaced it out, sorry dude.

I remember, it doesn't matter dude :D Anyway, my MSN is muckypup1@gmail.com :D