HUGE Dan Swanö interview posted...

sheep.jpg

Absolutely amazing interview. Jim you're definitely the best interviewer whose stuff I've read so far and Dan gives really good detailed answers (though I still didn't get the Alive Again story...but I haven't listened to it much anyway),so hope we'll get more like that.
Perhaps you could make some sort of an update part on the LotFP site where a notice was placed whenever you put up a new interview?

Btw too bad that Dan thought that he can't growl by the time of that interview. Guess he could include the growls on that gigantic mish mash album that he might make after all. :)

Jim LotFP said:
Have you actually gone to the site's main page and looked to see what's there?

Yeah ok so you'll put the updates on the main page. Just the last time I looked at it all it had was about the magazines so I wasn't sure...well sorry about that.

I would like to reaffirm my love for Danny:

"Doing the vocals for that Melissa cover from MERCYFUL FATE, I never realized how much that guy stretches the vocals. I guess there's one line that goes for two minutes. "Where are the rest of the lyrics? Oh, it's only this one line," he's taking the first vowel and stretching it for twenty seconds. Talk about making lyrics fit the music! "I have this song and I have this lyric and I have to make them match!" It doesn't make sense! Well obviously it does, because I ended up liking the track. But as soon as you figure out how stretched these lines are… I would never do anything like that. I would need fifteen lines to work that out, he did them in two. That's one of the few things I have respect for in the rap industry. These guys really write a bunch of lyrics! The lyric booklet for a rap record must be huge. I've never seen one and I never will. It's obviously a lot of hard work in those rhymes. They don't have any talent in music so it's good for them to have some talent."

Well, I had no porblem with the interview until I saw the negative comments about the Alive Again artwork. It could've been handled in many other ways.