Human Fortress new album?

TychoCelchu

Sep 28, 2004
Boston MA
I'm spinning Defenders of the Crown here for the first time in at least a year and remembering that they are one of the better new power metal bands IMO. While Human Fortress arrived way too late to be considered original or unique, their level of quality has been pretty high for two albums. Especially with Jioti's strong mid-range singing.

But they've gone 4 years without a new release now, although they've been doing some playing. Any fans here know of updates with the new album? Is it coming in late 07 or early 08? I know this seems like a random place to ask, but there's some kind of computer glitch that's preventing me from being able to see the news on their own website. I'm interested if they have a new album almost ready to go.

Just checked and it didn't give a release date. The newest post was started by "Last Friday we did the photo shots for promo and cover artwork" and went on to give details on that. I hope it is soon also. They are such a great band.:)

I don't know exactly what the reasons for Jioti leaving are but their MySpace page has this:

The band built their own studio and started writing songs again. During the production of the 3rd record Laki and Jioti left the group in 2007, being replaced by CARSTEN FRANK (ex-GALLOGLASS) and ARNDT KRONE.

Here's the bottom line. Who gives a hit about Human Fortress now that Jiot is gone. That guy has an incredible voice. I still play that Hydrtoxin disc to this day. Now where is Jioti? Thats all that matters. Anyone know what projects he partcipated in or where he may be going from here?

He sang for the old rock act Victory recently as a live member. Then they went and released a cd that had him redoing a bunch of old Victory songs. I've been meaning to track that one down.

Don't worry about Jiolti. Human Fortress is kind of like Falconer in that they have a bit of a unique songwriting style. Although I don't know about Carsten Frank as a good match....

4/25/08 is the release date for "Eternal Empire." The new singer's voice reminds me of Daniel Heiman and Andy B. Frank. Different than Jiolti to be sure, but... I'm digging it.
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQXHY1wWJX8&eurl[/ame]

I'm very mixed upon seeing the video....its not terrible, but I don't think its something I'm gonna get into anytime soon. I just think the delivery is lacking something.

I'm very sad about the news (well, news to me) of a new vocalist. I listened to the clip and it sounded good, but the vocals were the main draw for me. I'll give it a listen when it comes out, but it's got a LONG way to go before a purchase for me.