Human/Humankind

Sullen Jester

Corporate Executive
Sep 12, 2001
Beneath The World
What do you think of the state of humankind as of today?
(discussion)

I feel that:

- The world is a corporate owned jail.
- Trends rule society; the sheep that make up most of the civilization.
- Mankind is not a civilization: with most of it determined upon war, violence, greed and injustice, we are not really civil are we?

I shall expand upon this later, tomorrow most likely. But now I must go.

Originally posted by Sullen Jester

- Trends rule society; the sheep that make up most of the civilization.
- Mankind is not a civilization: with most of it determined upon war, violence, greed and injustice, we are not really civil are we?

Hmmm... so far we have:

1)sheep [that] make up most of the civilization, and
2)Mankind is not a civilization

That's a bright fucking start. Can't wait for the second installment. :lol:

I don't think humankind is really much worse than it ever was. We have far more destructive power than we have in the past, but we've always treated each other, the planet, and the other beings we share it with rather poorly on the whole.

Greed has always fueled many people's ambitions. People have always been susceptible to trend-following and are often easily lead, especially when in groups. War, violence, injustice (and greed) - they're hardly new.

Mind you, I sure prefer being a woman now than during any other time in the past.

I don't think humankind is really much worse than it ever was. We have far more destructive power than we have in the past, but we've always treated each other, the planet, and the other beings we share it with rather poorly on the whole.

Greed has always fueled many people's ambitions. People have always been susceptible to trend-following and are often easily lead, especially when in groups. War, violence, injustice (and greed) - they're hardly new.

I think it's getting progressively worse.

Sweatshops are popping up everywhere, under-priveledged children and women are being used to gain money.

As stated, the more destructive power is used both directly (warfare) and indirectly (blackmail, threats) to gain power and end rivals in this race for power and money.

Greed has been a fuel, which is partly related to promise. The promise of riches and power of helping a said madman in a certain plot, incites greed. It's man affecting man with his wants.

My thoughts and intentions can incite feelings in you, as in what I said above - My plot to rule the world could bring the greed out in you if you help me. Get it?

One mans ill intent is more than just ill effects for the ones he directly affects, as others are having an impression made in them by it.

As said by the One Minute Silence song, "If I can Change":

If I can change one, then I can change two.
If I can change two, then I can change four.
If I can change four, then I can change eight.
If I can change eight, then I can change.

What one man does will change another, either obviously changing his personality, thoughts and actions, or something more subtle.

La humanidad aspira!
La humanidad aspira y el extremo está cerca!

....I would have had WAAAAY more respect for your post if you hadn't mentioned 'one minute silence'.

Intelligent lyrics.

:lol:

Yeah. The thread stopped DEAD in it's tracks right after you posted that. ha ha ha ha.

How does it feel?? Good?? :lol: :lol: :lol:

We (humankind) have never changed. Just look at the history books. You think it's worse now because you compare your lifetime to something you read in a book. Second hand knowledge is never as clear as something you can see, feel, touch.

We evolve - which is change, but not in the sense I think you were talking about. Our bad points seem to amplify over time, but like the recent cpmplanit about this messageboard - more people = more ideas = potentially more crap. I don't know the numbers, but this world's population growth is exponential. Natural resources can't keep up - just too many people. More bad people with bad influences - thus, our world gets shittier, and so do people.

And a side note : I like Holy Man and Fish Out of Water. Nothing wrong with One Minute Silence :)

Yes but the population explosion isn't related so much to the birthrate as it is to the deathrate. With the average life expectancy steadily increasing, We are approaching a time where........:confused:

I actually had something really important to say, but as usual, I've forgoten it. Perhaps it'll come to me later:cry:

In the mean time be completley confused by this entirely enigmatic sentence:

"If it wasn't for my horse, I never would have spent that year in college!":loco:

We (humankind) have never changed. Just look at the history books. You think it's worse now because you compare your lifetime to something you read in a book. Second hand knowledge is never as clear as something you can see, feel, touch.

- History books are a spin of the real facts by the winning side.
- Our ambitions change, and the means to do it changes. Technology allows things like warfare, espionage and control ot be accomplished easier.

We evolve - which is change, but not in the sense I think you were talking about. Our bad points seem to amplify over time, but like the recent cpmplanit about this messageboard - more people = more ideas = potentially more crap. I don't know the numbers, but this world's population growth is exponential. Natural resources can't keep up - just too many people. More bad people with bad influences - thus, our world gets shittier, and so do people.

- The natural resources are wasted making weapons of war and items of pure selfishness, a lot of raw materials goes into completing personal ambitions and is not a benefit to mankind at all.

And a side note : I like Holy Man and Fish Out of Water. Nothing wrong with One Minute Silence :)

- Have you heard 210 Dog Years? AWESOME riffing :)

Here's my version :

1. The world is beautiful.
2. Civilization is justified by preserving art.
3. Mankind does not exist.

D Mullholand

i just want to get on with life, and play the rules or game as some might say. is there anything wrong with that? are your views you are going to tell us based on your educational upbringing. anyway i hate it when people always put down the importance of war. we need war, it is a good thing!!! think of where we'd be without war. we cant live without it. It does solve many problems. we cant live in a world without war as long as people obey their human nature, we compete and say we do live without war and everyone destroies their arms, and some bastard builds up an army etc, then what happens? it doesnt even go as far as world wars etc. it counts for everyday gang wars, robberies, street crime. who the fuck wants to be civil anyway? maybe we're just here to survive, compete and try and make the most of it whilst we are alive. however long that might be.

War is a front for profit!

War is not good! The damage brought about by weapons of mass destruction (Think Hitler's V2 Missile barrage of London and other locations) bring about more profit for insurance companies, labourers and contracters while still killing off the population.

Gang fights, robberies, police violence, independant murders are all forms of war against the prosperity of mankind. These wars suck up resources and lives and in return the leaders of each warring faction gain capital income. Nothing more.

I too, and I'm sure of others on this board, want to live our lives to the extent, without oppressive boundaries, without a man with a gun in my face, without a man with his hand in my wallet. Freedom. We are not truly living without it. War demolishes the principle of freedom, as you are called into it, either to defend/attack against another nation, or the nation you are at war with could bomb your house. It is not good.

I have just come up with a theory from reading all of this, which probably can be disproved easily. But I shall share with you it, before i forget it. Metalmancpa said that we keep growing, and using up natural resources. Once there are not enough natural resources we shall soon begin to perish,and the earth will rid itself of its virus. The earth has an amazing ability to rebuild itself, so after were all gone the earth shall begin to rebuild to start the cycle all over again. Just a thought heh i dunno

The population will grow, we will expand, we will pollute and destroy this world. We will die out, the earth will be left a desolate wasteland, till it's nova.

Your theory sound's like some Final Fantasy plot :lol: but some parts are valid.

a lot of problems in the world are a result of our run amock capitalism. its all about profit, the rich hording all of the resources to make the people who slave to make products for them have to then turn around and buy it. this is why there is crime, because money, goods, and even the most essential things needed to life, are not distributed evenly to everyone. and people are then exploited to make corporate gain. foreign lands are stripped of their resources so that we can drive our fancy little cars, sweatshops are put up to have cheap labor which means lower prices which means more consumers which means more money, and lets not forget the how capitalism puts quantity over quality. its all about money, and it makes me sick.

its kind of funny, though, if we tie this in with current events. you have a poor war torn country the number one enemy of a superpower. it pisses me off that people are so surprised by the terrorist attacks, they are so ignorant as to ask "why do they hate america?" and the answer that those stupid puppets that are passed off as political leaders pisses me off even more: "because they don't liek freedom." what a bunch of fucking idiots, why don't they just look at where these people come from.

you've got a huge number of people living in dirt, left to the mercy of fanatics and militants, who in turn are trying to find freedom. their daily lifes are hundreds times worse than our worst day, they are faced with starvation daily and they will blame the people that have neglected them, the U.S. after the afghan-russian war we left the afghans to fend for themselves, after having supported the taliban and what later became al-queda because they were fighting communists. but after our agenda was met america left them with civil war due to the crumbling commmunist presence that was still trying to hold its power. (starting to see it now?).

we sat atop our ivory towers waiting to have our own selfish wants met, instead of trying to help those who have nothing. so al-queda saw this and were understandably pissed. twisted some religion to get some follwers and then wanted revenge. because you also can't forget the hush-hush daily bomb raids in the middle east that took place even before the terrorist attacks to keep our oil prices nice and low. they were also just a tad pissed about that. and the funny thing is the united states was also doing buisiness with the taliban because they offered them a low priced way to get oil from turkemenistan to ports in india by going directly through afghanistan.

to shorten things up a bit, this is not a war on terrorism but the silencing of a voice that shows that the way things are right now doesn't work. because once you bomb this generation of deprived, angry individuals you'll soon have history repeat itself if all people are not given the very essentials to live. terrorism is a cry of dispair from people who want freedom, go through rather extreme and violent means to display that, which then makes them the executioner instead of the victim they once were.

I don't try to change the world, I just try to get by in it.

I never really found myself wondering about the state of the world, I know that human beings are sad, sad creatures and animals (as a rule) tend to be much more deserving of the habitats we take from them than we are.

As I see it - man is creating technology which is getting exponentially smarter. Humans have been around for how many thousands of years, and computers what - 30 or so years?

Whether it's been in a movie or not, technology will be the ultimate destruction of man [IMO]