Hungarian metal bands

Mocika

Root Of All Evil
Jun 9, 2002
Tent No. 1
www.heavymetal.hu
Since I'm Hungarian it's obvious i start a thread fom Hungarian bands. ;) I wonder how many of you know them or just heard about our bands?
I mention some name those might be know outside the country: Sear Bliss, Gutted, Neural Booster, Tormentor, Ektomorf, Blind Myself, Without Face ...etc.

Opinions? Questions? Comments? .. or whatever comes to your mind :rolleyes:

Originally posted by Chief Rebel Demon
I have heard som black metal band singing in Hungarian, but iam not sure what band it was. But black metal and vocals on Hungarian thos not sound so good, heh.
hm... i've heard this opinion several times... and have to admit you are right... but still there are some good bm vocalist in Hungary.
And yes.. we have some bm bands 'singing' in Hungarian:)

Tormentor and SB are the best Hungarian bm bands. Just not mention the latest Tormentor release... ;)
Beside Aborym Attila has another band now, Korog. They made only a demo so far but i havent heard it yet...

The only Hungarian CD I have is "Recipe Ferrum!" from Tormentor.....
and -oh fuck- it's veeeeeeeeeeeeeery weird album.....

Part one is ok....... I like, but Parts two and three are just for having fun and laugh with that stuff..... Also the language (hungarian) I think doesn't fit with the music so much.....

Originally posted by Dionysos
The only Hungarian CD I have is "Recipe Ferrum!" from Tormentor.....
and -oh fuck- it's veeeeeeeeeeeeeery weird album.....

Part one is ok....... I like, but Parts two and three are just for having fun and laugh with that stuff..... Also the language (hungarian) I think doesn't fit with the music so much.....
Sure, Recipe Ferrum is an interesting album. Not really black metal but still 'Tormentor' ;) How did u like the Hungarian tunes in some of the songs? hehe... well, the part 3 is based on Hungarian tv tales and so on... it's fun for us but i'm afraid u wouldn't understand. After it was released a Norwegian guy asked me to translate them... and i had to write explanations to the lyrics because without those... :lol:
btw, check this: Korog

@Mocika: :lol: You know, I was about to ask you the same think about the lyrics!!! but then you would have to explain to me every word, so leave it......
I prefere to laugh with "Paprika Jancsi", "Kaponyanyi Monyok", etc... the way it is, although I don't understand a think! :lol:

My favorite Hungarian metal band is STONEHENGE. They are a progressive metal band and they released their debut album "Angelo Salutante" last year, which is in my opinion... a masterpiece. One of my favorite albums ever.

I've seen Sear Bliss once (at Hell-On-Earth fest, last year in summer) - if I remember right, they had a trombone player in the line up :confused: :)

and either last year or earlier this year, I've seen Without Face live. Now I read that they allegedly gonna move to England